How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

A whopping 17 eggs today! Larry the barred rock is back to layimg after moulting, and that means laying soft shell-less or brittle eggs, which makes those she sits on all sticky.

I popped a calcium into her - hopefully she can get her calcium levels up and possibly lay regular shelled eggs. She sure looks great though!

Martha's back on the job today after her one day off, pretty blue egg...next to the only other egg today, a brown one.

Guess the other 6 pullets decided to take a breather, though Egger Elsie kept coming into the coop while I was cleaning it, and messing around in the center nest box while grumbling/complaining (about the lack of privacy in this joint?) As of 3:45 she hadn't laid but I suspect her green egg will await me in the morning.

I got 4 eggs from 15 girls. I need some younger hens though :D I love my girls though.
It's hard, isn't it? I got 7 eggs from my 18 girls today. I have 11 pullets, 4 weeks old coming on. Sigh. Chicken math has to include subtraction from time to time. But I will put it off as long as I can.

It's hard, isn't it? I got 7 eggs from my 18 girls today. I have 11 pullets, 4 weeks old coming on. Sigh. Chicken math has to include subtraction from time to time. But I will put it off as long as I can.
I agree. I just recently hatched some new babies to hopefully get some new girls. With my luck most of them will be roosters but it is what it is. :D :idunno:D

I agree. I just recently hatched some new babies to hopefully get some new girls. With my luck most of them will be roosters but it is what it is. :D :idunno:D
We hatched six last April, our first attempt. Six were cockerels. Scrawny little things but they made good soup.

HAHA:lau you have the same luck as me. I don’t have the heart to cull them but who know I could learn. Most of my hatches I only get 1 to 2 hens and a bunch of roos. :he
DH and I tried it once (on six roosters) and quickly realized that we're no good at it, and at our age, not really interested in learning. Fortunately we have a lovely Mennonite lady a couple of miles away who does a wonderful job of it and only charges $2 a head (pun not intended). She will always get our business.

Back
Top Bottom