Hubby disinterested in poultry..

Expectations can be the seeds to disappointment.....
.....especially when it comes to other peoples behaviors and beliefs.

Last edited:
I very much love my husband. He is supportive for the most part. He helps me build my coops. He let's me bring them in the house when brooding, hatching or sick. He has helped me give shots etc.. But I want him to get to experience the good parts. The actual joy of it. Ive never made him be a part but me and the kids all have involvment. I feel like it would be a great thing to be involved with as a family effort. I think he would be willing to try. Just not sure how to make him fall in love lmao

As a husband who's been with my husband 32 years (thats 64 years hubby experience if you think about it) my input is this, let it go he is not interested. You cannot change people.

Good luck

Gary

Last edited:
Quote: She
wink.png

Thanks all. I've got some great ideas to try. Hopefully he will be interested butbif not that's ok to. Don't think I should just not try because he might say no though. Seems silly to give up something important just because the other person may not take to it. He might find that he enjoys it. Never know until you try. We haven't been together as long as some but after 7 years I would hope this was something I could talk to him about...

I start talking talking chickens and my husband's eyes glaze over and he hears nothing. That's what BYC is for, getting my chicken fix.

I start talking talking chickens and my husband's eyes glaze over and he hears nothing. That's what BYC is for, getting my chicken fix.

Lol i actually feel that way when my hubby starts talking about cars lol. Been putting in an effort lately though. I know how much it means to him and i love how cute and excited he gets when talking about it. Hopefully he will return the favor hehe..

Thanks all. I've got some great ideas to try. Hopefully he will be interested butbif not that's ok to. Don't think I should just not try because he might say no though. Seems silly to give up something important just because the other person may not take to it. He might find that he enjoys it. Never know until you try. We haven't been together as long as some but after 7 years I would hope this was something I could talk to him about...
Don't think anyone suggested "you give it up".

If you've already talked to him about it, and he's made his disinterest clear, drop it. Enjoy your new hobby, but don't force it on him, lest his disinterest escelate into loathing and severe annoyance.

Sincerely,
A husband

I live on a property with extended family, it is wonderful that we are interested in different passions/hobbies but help each other when needed....too many cooks in the kitchen is less wonderful and a recipe for endless debate about the best decision and possibly conflict.
IMHO enjoy that he helps you with certain aspects, listens to some of your stories, (he is respecting your interests) and then he gets to share stories of his own interests with you, it's great that you both like to see the other enthusiastic and motivated about a particular personal hobby without being siamese twins.

eg My DD makes chicken stuff for me, he loves getting the smaller pullet eggs I save especially for him and consequently is interested in our pullets starting to lay....I get to yak about the young pullets a little more, and he mentally counts how many pullet eggs are coming his way as the chicks grow and then talk about his tractors latest problem
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom