Hubby gave me chicken money šŸ˜­ā¤ļø

Do you have Buff Orpingtons? They could be next on your chicken to get list šŸ˜Š
I donā€™t! Iā€™ve been thinking of adding some ornamentals! I have amberlinks which are my least favorite except for Aggie whoā€™s my austrolorp Giyas best friend . Austrolorps are my all time fave. Comets are okay but I wonā€™t have comets or ambers again. Too moody for me. I like bantams Americanaā€™s austrolorps and barred rocks. I like blue Swedes for ducks and Campbells and Pekins so far

But feed costs šŸ˜–
We buy Kalmbachs crumbles $25 for 50#. I don't think that's so bad, and we have to have it shipped, so those who can find it locally I'm sure pay less.

We also buy their Henhouse Reserve for "scratch" as it's actually chicken feed too, but better for them than regular scratch. I checked as I saw Melissa was allergic to corn, and unfortunately, corn is the number 1 ingredient of both of them.

We buy Kalmbachs crumbles $25 for 50#. I don't think that's so bad, and we have to have it shipped, so those who can find it locally I'm sure pay less.

We also buy their Henhouse Reserve for "scratch" as it's actually chicken feed too, but better for them than regular scratch. I checked as I saw Melissa was allergic to corn, and unfortunately, corn is the number 1 ingredient of both of them.
Yeah itā€™s sad. I was getting that kind too. Made me go to the doctor my reaction was so bad Iā€™ve gone into anaphylactic shock

Im thinking of taking these ladies in

Attachments

• IMG_2752.png
    IMG_2752.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
I am allergic to both corn and soy, and have an anaphylactic reaction to both.

I donā€™t have a reaction to store bought chicken or eggs, but I feed my ducks homegrown soy/ corn free layer.
(and our ducks lay enough that we havenā€™t bought eggs from the store in years- our youngest kiddo is allergic to chicken eggs so duck and turkey eggs are the staples around here)
I can get it locally for ~25$ / 50# bag.
And we do add extra vitamin B for the ducks in addition to the feed.

It, unfortunately, is a bit low in protein (16%) for our turkeys. And we have quite a few more Tom turkeys than drakes- so we feed a flock raiser to the turkeys, with free access to oyster shell and grit (for everyone).

Scratch and Peck also makes a great corn and soy free pellet- but itā€™s more than twice the price here, and more than I can justify spending for feed šŸ˜•

Please lmk if you find something else, Iā€™d sure love to be able to feed all of my birds a balanced food that doesnā€™t contain things that Iā€™m so allergic to!

Back
Top Bottom