Hybrid 300 info wanted

Bridger Davis

Songster
Jul 25, 2017
Evans Colorado
Hey everyone! Tomorrow I'll be getting 2 Golden hybrid 300 layer ducks. I was hoping I could ask someone who has them a few questions :

*Flight ability?
*Broodiness?
*Size compared to Cayuga or Rouen?
*Temperament?
Thanks, and any other tips or breed specific information would be greatly appreciated! If it helps, I currently have 1 male Blue Swedish, 2 Cayuga females, and 1 female Rouen.

Broodiness is the tendency of poultry to set eggs. Mothering ability is how well the fowl mothers once the eggs hatch. I've had ducks (mallards) set nests for all twenty-eight days faithfully, only to kill half the ducklings when they hatched. I had an RIR pullet that was a terrible setter and only hatched seven of a dozen eggs. She was a great mother, though.

Thanks! That's a bummer they are so skittish... So do you know if "mothering ability" is the same as broodiness, or not? I still want to know if they would go broody... Thanks!
They have been purposefully bred to be good layers, so i doubt that they will go broody. Going broody is bad for egg production! Broody ducks don't lay any eggs until their clutch has hatched and the ducklings are grown up.

Back
Top Bottom