I am a Mommy!!

Thank you. My sister was exposed to COVID on the trip to Portland. She got sick after several days here. I took her to a Dr., got her meds, she is recovering quickly. So, we were working with one person down, she was quite the Forman šŸš§ & Cheerleader šŸ“£ Tim, her husband & I were able to get thee of the exterior walls complexly done. They are back to Boise now. Yesterday I got the base of nesting boxes done & center interior wall up. Planning to build trusses this afternoon or tomorrow. My daughter & her roommate (own the house next door) are helping to put them up Tuesday night. They don't know that yet. Another installment of eggs prepayment.
Once we can get the roof on, I can work on the interior in sections to get the ladies moved in. They are running out of room in the brooder I made. An area can be made in the coop as makeshift larger brooder for the next few weeks. They are only 4 weeks old. I should be able to have the run completed enough to be used fairly quickly.
What an exciting project this has been! The chicks have brightened my days & give me something so positive to do. Each one of them has a personality of its own. Two have a name already Goldie Hen (Buff Laced Polish) & Timone (Golden Laced Polish- Brother-in-laws namesake.)
Kingston's favorite time of the day is when he gets to "watch" the chicks! The are not afraid of him at all where he was introduced to them when they arrived.
Coop is looking fabulous!! :love And the chicks are shooting up like weeds! Glad your sister is healing ok. ā¤

Sounds like a wonderful mixed flock of diverse colors and feather patterns that should produce some lovely egg baskets.

Best wishes with the building project! Looking forward to seeing some progress reports!
It is amazing to see how much the ladies change daily. There are photos in a thread below. My coop is really progressing nicely. outsides and nesting boxes are 95%. Roof next then the inside.

Currently the Buff Laced Polish and the Golden Laced Polish are the pushiest chicks, first to the feeder and friendliest is the Easter Egger and Blue Favaucana. So interesting that they have such distinct personalities. When I check on them, they don't even scatter any more. I do think that I have lost weight sitting in the "sauna" with them so much. :lau
I have wanted a buff laced polish for as long as I can remember.
Goldie.png

The chicks were a month-old yesterday! Time disappeared so quickly. I have several chicks that already have blush combs showing and I started to panic that all 14 were going to be cockerels. After 30 minutes of staring at them from every possible angle and talking myself out of a panic attack. I decided until they were mature enough to at least be able to identify which breed each of the chicks are, I was being an overreacting Chicken Mommy.

The chicks were a month-old yesterday! Time disappeared so quickly. I have several chicks that already have blush combs showing and I started to panic that all 14 were going to be cockerels. After 30 minutes of staring at them from every possible angle and talking myself out of a panic attack. I decided until they were mature enough to at least be able to identify which breed each of the chicks are, I was being an overreacting Chicken Mommy.
Time keeps marching on, chicks keep growing! Post some photos when you can! :) :jumpy

Right? Mine are five weeks now and I feel like they get bigger by the minute! Hang in there, mama. ā¤ļø

Time keeps marching on, chicks keep growing! Post some photos when you can! :) :jumpy
I had to make a supply run yesterday so I could start finishing the inside of the coop. Insulated the north and west walls and have most of the east wall inside closed up with the exception of the top relite to frame in. I haven't resolved how I am going to do the roof yet. I have a fear of heights, but I will get there.
I need to get the chicks more room, so I am making an extension on the brooder that can be converted to a chicken tractor later.

I had to make a supply run yesterday so I could start finishing the inside of the coop. Insulated the north and west walls and have most of the east wall inside closed up with the exception of the top relite to frame in. I haven't resolved how I am going to do the roof yet. I have a fear of heights, but I will get there.
I need to get the chicks more room, so I am making an extension on the brooder that can be converted to a chicken tractor later.
Good luck with the build! Definitely post photos of your progress and your adorable babies! šŸ’–

Back
Top Bottom