I made someones day today....I hope

I don't expect anything in return, or praise.

I just wanted to help him out, I only wish I could do more!

I hope that more people will do the same if they can, that's really why I posted.

I never give money, I never have any to give, LOL!

I'm working with some friends of mine to donate some winter coats and things like that to a few shelters in the area too, any little bit helps someone out!

That's awesome of you! We'll do that, but I admit if I don't have food, I will give them cash if I have some on hand.

We also keep dog and cat food in the van. We keep it for stray animals, but also give it to any homeless people that we see with animals. They need to eat, too!

Good for you!

thumbsup.gif
hugs.gif

I always feel so badly when I see homeless people. I do not have much myself, but they have even less, and that is upsetting. I used to offer an elderly man in town food all of the time, but he never wanted it.. He had a heart attack under the bridge that he lived under and drowned in the water.. Don't you know that I seem to be one of the only who remembers him?

Then there are those who take advantage of people.. My Grandmother was in another town a few weeks back.. She said there were people on the side of the road with signs for money/food. People handed them money, and when they thought no one was looking they all started laughing, took off their raggy jackets, and bailed up in a 2008 Ford truck.. Nice, eh?

I know there are those who really are in need and those that take advantage. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.
There is a group of men & women that hang out at the intersection near where I live and camp in the woods and in and behind an abandoned business. They stand, one at a time, at the intersection with a sign saying they are homeless/traveling. It's also near a truck stop. We have seen them come into a diner near the intersection and eat better than we do. The aren't traveling, they are there all the time.
Then there is a young man I've seen in several locations all over town. He is obviously mentally ill. Probably in his 20's or 30's. Always in the same clothes and filthy. I told my husband that I was going to try to talk to him and find out what size clothes he wears. Then I'm going to Goodwill and buy him a warm outfit or two. Earlier this week he was standing by the side of the road in the pouring rain just twitching and looking around. I feel so sad for him. DH says don't approach him, but someone has to care!

I am not a religious person per se, but I have truly come to believe that what goes around comes around, that I am my brother's keeper, and that selfless acts are the greatest part of what makes us human.

Chicken lady, you are the best!

Last edited:
You deserve the biggest thank you and the warmest hugs. Thank you from all of us here for reminding us of what life is truely about....doing unto others. My heart is warmed and tears are in my eyes. I'm humbled.....
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom