IA here

@Sylie Ssshhh about the forecast! LOL

Our girls are in their nice shaded run and don't seem too bothered by the heat. They aren't doing anything differently than they normally would! How often do you give yours frozen watermelon?
sorry that I didn't see your question until just now lol! I give the watermelon once or twice a day depending on how hot it is, how much they are panting etc. I just watch them for signs of heat stress and give it to them as needed.

You're welcome, you can also try other frozen or cold things. Mine like frozen peas, refrigerated carrot peels, zucchini, blueberries, strawberry tops (the greens with a little strawberry left from when you cut the top off...does that make sense?).

They had frozen peas, carrots, watermelon and cucumber. I've tried 3 times (cooked, frozen and raw) and none of them will eat carrots!

You described that better than I would have! They had some strawberry tops last week. Boy, they enjoyed whipping those around! LOL

beautiful wasn't it? Yeah, I don't try to give mine actual carrot pieces anymore, they won't eat them, I just give them the skins when I am peeling them for our dinner. I'm pretty sure they think the peelings are funny orange worms hahaha!

Yes, the forecast is still warmer than I would like but definitely better than it was. If we could just get it into the upper 70's or even the lower 80's, I would be happy.

lol, yes, sometimes I think that the strawberry tops become toys more than food. Mine do the same thing.

Hi! I'm looking to get my hands on some hatching eggs before the new year. I'm currently in Iowa visiting family for the holidays and I'd love to bring some hatching eggs back home with me of some breeds I can't get back home. We're mostly interested in Ameraucana, Orpington, and Jersey Giants. I'm in the Waterloo area but willing to travel a bit or lay extra for shipping!

Back
Top Bottom