I'd like to introduce you

If I'm not mistaken, all Sapphires are hybrids (including my Gems, Olive Egger and Splashes), which means you never quite know what you'll get. In the catalog, my Sapphire Splashes were colorful shades of blue-gray. dark to light. In the real world, both of my girls are totally stark white.

Glad to see the update on your girls!
Could I possibly be backward on my breeds between Tillie and Marilla? Could Marilla be the Sapphire Sky and Tillie be the Olive Egger?

I honestly don't know the answer. IF you're lucky, one of those girls will lay an olive-colored egg and solve the mystery. On the other hand, my olive egger lays light brown eggs, not remotely any shade of green.

Any updates? I’d love to see their growth now! I have three Sapphire Sky chicks and I can’t find any pictures of them from actual people!! Every time I search, they come up computerized pictures or Sapphire Gems!

Also, Sapphire Sky lay brown to olive eggs. So she might be the Oliver Egger? Or was one suppose to be a Sapphire Olive Egger? Just curious. 😊

Any updates? I’d love to see their growth now! I have three Sapphire Sky chicks and I can’t find any pictures of them from actual people!! Every time I search, they come up computerized pictures or Sapphire Gems!

Also, Sapphire Sky lay brown to olive eggs. So she might be the Oliver Egger? Or was one suppose to be a Sapphire Olive Egger? Just curious. 😊
The arrow points to the chick that I was told is the Sapphire Sky. I have my doubts about that being her breed.
Purple dot: Mystic Maran ?
Aqua dot: Mystic Maran ?
Pink dot: Olive Egger ?
Not a great shot, sorry. It's raining, and I hurried.
received_2204682953257438.jpeg

I am suppose to have three Sapphire Sky, but I bought them at Tractor Supply so who knows lol. Here’s a pic of one of them at 5 weeks. They have a cute top hat look

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpeg
    IMG_0805.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0807.jpeg
    IMG_0807.jpeg
    469 KB · Views: 1
I am suppose to have three Sapphire Sky, but I bought them at Tractor Supply so who knows lol. Here’s a pic of one of them at 5 weeks. They have a cute top hat look
Ok, Now I'm pretty sure I do have my girls mixed up. The one I thought was an olive egger looks just like your Sapphire Sky. Thank you for sharing! Now... I'm wondering what my chick is with the arrow. She looks like my Mystic Marans - except in the eyes.

The world may never know...
(you're probably too young to "get" this reference)
Screenshot_20240505-141704_Brave.jpg

Ok, Now I'm pretty sure I do have my girls mixed up. The one I thought was an olive egger looks just like your Sapphire Sky. Thank you for sharing! Now... I'm wondering what my chick is with the arrow. She looks like my Mystic Marans - except in the eyes.

The world may never know...
(you're probably too young to "get" this reference)
View attachment 3822126
Lol definitely not too young for that reference! The kid in the phone is my 19 year old son 😂

I’m glad you shared your thread! I’ve been searching all over for pictures of Sapphire Sky chickens and how to sex them. I do have a darker colored one with the same top hat feathers, but I do t have a picture off hand. I think these hatcheries mix up breeds n sell them anyways, plus feed stores are all mixed up!! I have some birds that are mystery birds. One was suppose to be an Ameraucana and the other a Blue Bell Egger. The “Ameraucana” looks like a hawk 😂 and the BlueBell is just a random looking bird!! 🤣 The world may never know with both of our birds

Tonight is the chicks 1st night out of the brooder and into the small coop.

Elsa started out on the far left - and knocked each of her sisters off the roost, one by one, until she was on the far right. She absolutely HAD to be by the wall. Then everything settled down and they went to sleep. Sheesh! Tomorrow, they get free reign in the pen addition. They will see the big girls, but be safely separated.

received_1160089774990981.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom