ideal hatchery

I ordered 12 chickies from Ideal and they are being sent out on the 30th. Since we live in Tx and they are located in Tx ( or at least I thought they were) I'm hoping they don't send any extras. I don't want any roos and if I get some I'll have to keep them because that is just me!

Thanks guys! Does anyone know how long it takes from the time you place your order for them to be shipped? I placed mine 2 days ago and still havent recieved an e-mail telling me the shipping date. I did recieve one confirming my order though.

I think I would call them tomorrow morning...Someone said they got the call from the post office before they got word from Ideal. Who knows you may get a call from the PO before you can get through to Ideal.
lol.png

I had to email Christi at Ideal to get a response. Mine were suppose to ship out today and I was suppose to get them tomorrow or Friday. Woke up this morning to the PO calling saying I had some poultry waiting for me. Guess they hatched early. When I got to the PO you could hear my babies talking. Everyone in line was looking around like they were expecting to see a sparrow or something come flying out.

Kristyne-All I can say is go to bed early! The PO called me before 7am. He said they would be fine there for a while but I didn't want them to be there. I wanted them here! So I got up and in 10 mins I was dressed and ready to go get them!
They are doing great. I was a little worried about the silkie but now he/she is doing great. He/she is only half the size of the others. I was concerned since he/she is the smallest that it would get picked on but it doesn't. It picks on the others! Guessing it's a roo! My golden campines have a leopard spotted look to them. It is so cute! There hasn't been one minute when they have all been in the brooder together. We are constantly holding them. They don't run from our hands. They jump right on them and them we sit and cuddle'em.
You are gonna have soooo much fun tomorrow! I took some pics but I have to wait to post until my oldest shows me how. Not computer savy at all! I did get a shot of the silkie with another chick to show the difference but you'll know by tomorrow! I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep a wink tonite. I'm gonna be up all nite checking on them. I might as well drag the brooder into my bedroom. Let me know when you get yours tomorrow! Got my fingers crossed that they are nice and healthy!

Woodland lady-I wish I had gotten yours! You have a bigger order than I had!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well I got my order, One little chick was dead. It was one like the others so I think one that i ordered was dead and my packing chick is alive. I forgot to pick up their feed yesterday so I have to go get that now. Exactly 14 chicks! WOOO!
Kristyne

Back
Top Bottom