Illia, your chickie pics are here!

jenjscott

Mosquito Beach Poultry
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Southeast Arkansas
These are pictures of some chicks from some eggs I got from Illia. I was in love with her wheaten maran rooster, and was looking for some olive eggers, when she auctioned eggs from her americana hens crossed with her beautiful blue wheaten Marans. Illia, maybe you will be so kind as to show us the Daddy of these guys. I bought them for the ollive eggers, but also hoping to get a blue wheaten rooster for my laying flock.

Sorry it took so long to get any pictures taken. Here you can see (I think) that I got that blue wheaten rooster I was wanting. The perspective is a little off from being too close, but it shows off his colors.

10901_illiasbluewheaten.jpg

The "pullets" are shown, one is bluer, one has only a little blue showing, and the third is a bcm x bo from someone else. All three from you have feathered legs to some extent.

10901_illias_pullet1.jpg
10901_illiaspullets.jpg

Oh, thanks very much for showing these! They're turning out so gorgeous and nice!
smile.png

Are they all clean faced though, or just slowly growing in their beards?

Anyway, here's daddy for you all to see -

fbwms1.jpg

5394985786_55c8bf7615_z.jpg

And one of the mother hens, a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana

5554549714_1557d5275a.jpg

I am very pleased with the pullet coloration - I was hoping for a slightly darker Wheaten color but with more blue in the tail than the Ameraucana parents and so far it seems so.
smile.png
I myself have not been able to hatch out this gorgeous Olive Egger breeding but plan to in about a week.

Very nice! I love the way these colors work. Going to try BW Ameraucana roo over wheaten marans girls in a couple weeks
big_smile.png

I recently hatched a Wheaten Am x Salmon Fav and the resulting pullet looks exactly like a faverolle, but with a pea comb. 4 toes on one foot, 5 toes on another
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom