I'm a parent again! (bantam chicks and ducklings from Eagle Nest Poultry)

Alexandra33

Chook Snuggler
9 Years
Apr 3, 2015
Northwest Ohio - The Buckeye State!
Today was the day! :wee 2 Silver Spangled Hamburg bantams, 2 BB Red Phoenix bantams, 2 Rhode Island Red bantams, 3 Blue Red OEGBs, a White Crested Black Polish bantam, a Golden Laced Polish bantam (my very first Polish, by the way! :celebrate), a Buckeye bantam, and a Partridge Wyandotte bantam. All are sold as exhibition quality, though I think it would be more proper to state they're from exhibition lines? :) I'll be taking better pictures tomorrow. :D
DSCN6473.JPG DSCN6523.JPG DSCN6551.JPG DSCN6593.JPG DSCN6421.JPG DSCN6477.JPG
Just have to share - the owners' daughter-in-law ended up placing 3 OEGBs in the box, although we ordered 2.....she wanted us to take out whichever that didn't meet our standards. Who could say no to any of them? ;) And that's how we ended up with an extra. Very sneaky. :lol:

Can't forget the quackers! 2 Mallards, and 4 Calls (Blue Bibbed, Chocolate, White, and Snowy). :love All are as snuggly as can be.
DSCN6384.JPG DSCN6377.JPG DSCN6563.JPG DSCN6390.JPG DSCN6371.JPG
~Alex

Thank you all for the sweet replies! :hugs

@BantyChooks .....while this may exasperate the problem, you might enjoy knowing they're snuggle bugs who enjoy crawling up sleeves. ;)

@HuffleClaw , they're doing fantastically! :love I got individual pictures yesterday, and will be posting some soon. :)

Sadly, the smallest OEGB didn't make it. :hmm Poor little thing never seemed 100%. :(

We're currently "cat sitting" my grandmother's two kitties, who aren't used to chicks, which is quite hilarious. I've caught the female several times sitting IN the brooder with the chicks/ducklings. :lol: Even my own cats don't feel inclined to get that up close and personal with young poultry. :rolleyes: Will snap a photo next time. ;) Not my favorite thing in the world (just on the off chance someone gets suffocated), so the babies might be getting covered up temporarily. :lol:

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom