INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUBBLESSSSSSSSSSSSSS???????????????? 

:hugs mornin hero!  how was yer hot date last night?

:hugs There you are beautiful!!  def we be needed warm anything right?  are you guys keepin warm up there?

Mornin MC my silly loving friend! :hugs   That is a good hatch MC  and I love the pic of ducklin. 

snuck a candle of a few seen internals, no externals so I closed them up and upped the humidity

Morning campin!  busy day ahead? :hugs

what was wrong with the pullet? CONGRATS on the PREGO!!!  good for you fire!! 

CC your actually online!!  morning how cold are you up there? :hugs

Morning Peter!!!  :hugs ohhhh VDay!  pool filter!!!  Termites!!!  eeeee gadsss

NO they will be fine all together, no need for two brooders, I always keep my serama in with even my godzilla egg chicks!! they will be fine!   Use papertowels over the shavings the first few days in the brooder mostly BECAUSE of the TINY SERAMA chicks! 

PEEP!!!  morning sweets! :hugs

Yes? :lau

Well we had a traumatizing morning. My niece spent the night with us and woke up early to go check on the chicks and one hadn't made it. A lot of tears this morning.
One a better note there is this one

Aww bummer. :( :hugs

Love that chick though! :love

Good for you fire!  I would have done the same with the pullet. These were the new ones you got shipped in?  How do you incubate your shipped eggs?

No this pullet was out of my breeders. She was about 18 weeks old. She never was right and I just kept her around. As far as shipped eggs, pretty much to a tee on how you told CH.

Last edited:
CHICKEN HAWK CH

I wrote in our message....

you can always use an old tshirt, towel or any pc of material to lay on top of them the first few days, and then you can trash it or wash it for next time.

the serama really should have a more solid surface in the brooder. I know you already understand no newspaper or anything slippy.

:hugs There you are beautiful!!  def we be needed warm anything right?  are you guys keepin warm up there?

We're keeping the home fires burning. Chickens seem fine. Incubator is going strong.
My egg source for the Easter HAL might fall through. I haven't decided what to do about that. I might go back to lighting my coop for the next two weeks to see if I can get my flock going.

I already miss Bubbles wtheck, I guess it was time since yer all lady now. I will forever remember my lil bubbles though...  sighhhh oh they grow up way too fast.....  love you sweets!:hugs  

What?? I'm still "Bubbles", if ya want. :idunno :hugs

Just ignore my new username....

I forgot to respond to this - my apologies. I helped four. All had smaller air cells than they should have, and were round eggs. I WAITED a lot, was very careful not to go early. And to keep myself away from the bator, I re-read the assisted hatch article REPEATEDLY (along with the instructions for euthanizing chicks). I would walk up to the bator intending to open it and assist, then I would force myself to walk away... Repeatedly... I'm sure I didn't do everything right, but I learned a lot. - One with no progress for three hours after zipping halfway, advised by Sally to GET HER OUT. So I did! (Just enough so she could push the rest of the way by herself). I got a pullet, very strong and healthy, doing great - one of the most spunky and active ones I have in the brooder. - One with malposition/pip at wrong end and no progress for about 14+ hours, slowly assisted per advice, and he was ready (no vessels/bleeding, yolk absorbed). He has moderately spraddled legs, and has had a widdle hobble on since he was dry. He's actually doing great, and getting around ok - I have to look to see which one has the brace on to tell who it is (can you tell in the photo above?!). - One, second to last (I think the one you're talking about), with malposition/pip at wrong end, no progress for 14+ hours, but also not as ready (some vessels), and big and wet from humidity/small air cell. It was slow, but I got him out. He required a few rinses to get the goop off, but he's doing fairly well - he's a day and a half behind the rest, so he's naturally a little smaller and less active/sleeping more. I will watch him to be sure, as the next day or so will tell, but seems like he will be fine. Legs are fine on this boy. - And the last one, well you know about that. Malposition/pip at wrong end, no progress for 14+ hours, but not ready then, and then still not ready, and then still not ready... every time I checked. Got him out in the end, just as he absorbed the yolk, but it was very prolonged. Never got his legs under him, very weak. I culled him out of mercy. I understand the "do not assist' idea, and will likely go that route in future hatches. But I learned a LOT about the hatching process from assisting these chicks. OK, now I really AM going to bed... - Ant Farm Edited to add photo (I forgot!)
well, it is a good thing you helped the pullet, but the last one I can see not doing it. Congratulations on beautiful Chickies.

Not too bad. No coop work today. I'm going to sanitize the third section of the brooder and clean the porch off, then work on getting my coolerbator supplies. Time to raid the barn! :weee I'll have a week to finish the cooler and I'll probably use it for hatching, at least at first.

The hona chicks I bought are feathered except for their heads, so I'm going to give them another section of the brooder. Trying something different. They're 4 weeks old Monday.

Also setting more eggs probably today. I didn't sell them so I either need to set or eat. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom