INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: TRUE that!

Quote: okey doke. hmmmm "She never was right and I just kept her around" I will refrain from commenting further and digging myself a hole
gig.gif

TRUE that!

okey doke.       hmmmm "She never was right and I just kept her around"   I will refrain from commenting further and digging myself a hole:gig

Literally she was a 1/3 the size of her hatch mates. She always seemed healthy and had no problems physically other than size.

Two more chicks overnight. I wish I could say that I slept through them being born. Alas, I did not. And the constant panic I felt whenever my brain registered a light source (the heat lamp). I have such a headache!
Only one cure for what ails me. COFFEE!!!!!!!!
yeah! Chickies!
I hope the d is rotting in a cell

Good morninig to the sleeping beauties in this thred!
Some pic. From today morninig!

BEAUTIFUL, BENNY EVERYTHING that surrounds you, you see in such beauty!

I have alot of mini lemons on my tree, so I pickled them! Pickled lemons are wonderful with tuna fish, on beef, eggs, poultry, on everything!
interesting Benny!

Good morning!

Need opinion about the size of the air cell of my eggs, day 14(red line)

Humidity
Days 1-7 55%-58%
Days 7-11 70%- 72%
Days 11-14 60%
I have responded to your PM my friend!

Quote: ?? Mean??? At this point I would be saying:
" Thanks so much Ms Sally for all the help you gave me today. It saved me from killing the rest of the eggs/chicks. I will listen now and do exactly what you advise so that I don't kill any tomorrow. And BTW thanks for sending the fabulous eggs and helping me through the incubation process"
hugs.gif
Morning Phage, hope you have a wonderful day!

What is tap?

Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching - BackYard Chickens Community go to the when do I assist section, you tap and listen sometimes they can be upsidedown and still alive in there, listening is always good before you move on! see article!
Quote:

AND MC you have a great life ahead of you, for you have life! Its time to move on and step forward. I know you will, it depends when you decide to do so.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I'm not caught up by any means. Eggs and chicks are looking pretty good. There has been some great support here. Sleep has been scarce here. Temps outside are supposed to drop to 20 below zero today. Hopefully the coop is sheltered enough to keep the chickens warm. And hopefully this is the last cold snap for winter.

I'm supposed to wait until tomorrow night to candle. I might check the eggs from my hens. They're probably infertile.
brrrrr holy smokes that much difference 4 hour drive can make holy holy

Total of purchases I made today without telling my husband:

1 Japanese gummy mold ($5.50)
10 pairs of replacement heel dowels for my stilettos that broke ($3.34)

Also I've cleaned the house and the yard, fed the chickens, cleaned the coop yesterday, and I'm doing laundry right now. Productive day was productive!
STILETTOS!!!!

OMGERED My feed hurt thinking about them!!!

Ah okay thanks!
Hello! Not much, wishing it was spring! The chickens hate this weather.
I don't think my chickens are very fond either but they're doing fine. 2 hens in separate buildings decided to sleep in the nest tonight. I can't blame them.
They like this sub freezing weather way better than mid summer though.

Chickens are most comfortable under 70F.

I am I am just watchmen I swear
Given the right temp, humidity and turning, they need nothing from us.

How do you all disinfect your incubators after hatch? A diluted bleach solution after a general cleaning?
Yes and a good rinse followed by drying in full sun (if that's possible this time of year)

Hey just left the lake....kept a dozen perch for dinner....hung out with my friend had a good time.....is it freaking cold......calling for negative 20's tonight...worried about my poor ducks...heat lamps are on though and they huddle together.
That sounds like fun. I can taste them now. I don't mind extreme cold when I'm dressed for it.

it's so small.
What breed? Was it from a pullet egg?

Today's pics from the epic Camp Coop project. Built with ease of access, premium coop space for 20 chickens, and hands-on farm education in mind. We get a lot of city kids in our summer programs. And now you're all caught up!
wee.gif

Front!

Back!

Breezeway! I designed this coop to look like the old-style dog trot houses. It's a southern thing, but so super practical!

DH modeling the coop side entrance! The other side has Dutch doors and we're going to put goats over there.
fl.gif

The pop door works!
lol.png

The Dutch doors!

Inside of the coop!

Other side of the coop with nest boxes. And of course the Most Handsome Helper.
love.gif

I did ZERO of the framing.
I did a LITTLE of the staining.
I did ALL of the designing and board placement. So if you have questions, expect non answers.
gig.gif
That's very nice. I love all the big windows. Will they be operable for ventilation?

Well it's a new record, I skipped 2,000 posts.
th.gif
Way to go, I think my record was about 3,000

Hey! @Pensmaster
I finally took a few more pictures of our latest building....

The styrofoam roof going up

Round fireplace. Opens into the living room and into the courtyard.

Perform block walls, pored concrete arches.

New building is in the center of two others that are almost finished. The compound will be horseshoe shaped with an atrium between new building and building on the right....

View from rooftop of building on right.

This white thing is a piece of the foam roof.
Love the design.

I should have moved my butt out of bed 5 mins earlier to take this picture. The refraction was so intense off the clouds my living room lit up, by the time I stepped out it was already getting dimmer.
The timing is everything.
I missed a shot at 3 deer walking through the snow past my window just after dawn. By the time I found the camera they were slipping into the woods.

oh man TyAnna that sucks! so sorry :hugs   but I am so glad you have another!!   you have an update for our  ummm updates lol

Good for you fire!  I would have done the same with the pullet. These were the new ones you got shipped in?  How do you incubate your shipped eggs?
14 go into lockdown tomorrow. 5 Barred Rock,5 BR/BSL, 1 BR/WLH, 1 ee, and 2 Blue Copper Marans/RIR. 9 Olive eggers and 2 marans are on day 5. I don't have a lot of hope for the olive eggers because the last time I checked only one of my americanas was fertile, so we will see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom