INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if a Silkie has a not on head and feathers on top.
anyone

The final numbers are in! ( I think) Day 22 !!
STYROBATOR COOLER BATOR

SHIPPED
6/7 7/9

LOCAL
8/8 6/8

TOTAL HATCHED TOTAL HATCHED

14/15 13/17
93% 76%

In my final notes I would like to add. I have been hatching out of my styro (Hovabator 1588 forced air) many times. I know how to get the temp I want and the eggs were in an automatic turner. I didn't open the bator or touch the eggs much at all. I also know exactly what to do to get the humidity I want and don't have to make a lot of adjustments.

In the Cooler, this was my first time incubating eggs in it. I had some issues I had to work out right off in the beginning. I'm going to make some adjustments (bigger fan) first off. I think my humidity was a bit high during the hatch but I was afraid to open it up and adjust it so I left it. I think this was a great learning experience and (with minor adjustments) I'm ready to hatch again!

The local eggs came to me fresh (within 6 days) I did have quite a few clears. I had set 24 and only 16 went in to lockdown.
The shipped eggs were amazing. They came from Papas Poultry and were delivered in 2 days. They traveled from Redding CA to Portland OR. The aircells were all small and intact. I ordered a doz but got many extras! My totals of shipped were 18 set and 16 went into lockdown. Of the 16 in lockdown 14 hatched!

its called a vaulted skull, and is normal in silkie and polish chicks, not all will have them but some will. she will be a gorgeous chick CH [COLOR=008080]What The Heck Is A Vaulted Skull?[/COLOR] post #46616 POLISH/SILKIES
anyone

No coop work!! I have a feeling you will do SOMETHING to it! lol YAY!! COOLERBATOR!!! whoop whoop SET ALL EGGS, let me know what you set to add to the updates!!

sounds like me too lmao, except the unhealthy came in a bit later, see a good decision you made

good morning Keri
hugs.gif
Did you see the tag last night then? I pray I dont keep tagging someone else by accident DOH

Good morning paddler
hugs.gif
deer have a way of slipping out of sight at the best moments dont they

Good Morning Sally!
hugs.gif
. I'm slow.. How do I see my tagged posts?

@fire370I wish you were here to doctor my lame pullet as I can't do it. It is lame, but not obviously suffering so I have issues. I will also have to cull my beautiful Lavender Orpingtons soon which is going to be terrible, but I can't sell them as a closed group like the others trusting no one will breed and sell from them given how much babies go for.

Stressing over coffee n eggs is my morning mantra.
hmm.png

No pips overnight on the last 10+ to go.....urrrrrgggg!!
1f62b.png

Can I take the chicks out or should I keep it closed? It is hard to resist the urge.
@Sassyhens1 you can take them out now, feed and dip beaks. you have marbles in the waterer to prevent drowning? Congrats so far!! Come on chickies!!
last I have is you had this "14 more to go."
Quote:

Told hubby about the new antibiotics regulations this morning. He's all worked up and talked about emailing representatives and everything and like I knew he would, is pushing the vet thing again.
tell him to make several copies lmao we will all send them in!

Good morning all
awww morning sweets!! how cute!!

Good morning!
frow.gif
GOOD MORNING!!

I am just seeing a beautiful program on NG wild on the Atacama desert of Chili, and I have learned a wonderful fact. In this very arid desert live a colony of seagulls and they have an adaptation in there eggs that make them suitable to the desert.
There egg shell is much less permeable than outer eggs, so they don't loos as much humidity
In the same rate as other eggs, but, from the outer hand, they don't have a lot of oxygen entering the egg! So they need much longer incubation period, then outer! (30 days vers. 26!)
I think that this fact could be the answer how different eggs can hatch in parts of the planet that have very high or very low ambient humidity!
yes, and if you keep doing your research it gets even more interesting!

Ok guys. I am off to the serama show! See ya all later
GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!!!! CANT WAIT FOR PICTURES!!!

In Cambodya they have a dish that they deep fry a hall chick, feathers, gut, beak, EVERY thing!
yuk Benny

@Sally Sunshine setting second batch 18 Sapphire (she said they may need replaced as what the seller just called of hers gave terrible fertility new rooster being commissioned), 7 cream legbars, 18 EE, and 6 Swedish flower hens. How is your next group coming along?

To the rest hatching I missed go Chickies!
waiting for pips. awesome set!!!

@Chaos18 She's had her coffee this morning!
awwwwwww

@chicknlove I know this is not your thermo, but perhaps the advice for placement would work better in yer cooler?

This is exactly what happened! I was trying to control the Thermo by the reading of my spot check inside my water wiggler. Temp swings all over! I was ready to throw in the towel with the whole hatch!

This is exactly what happened! I was trying to control the Thermo by the reading of my spot check inside my water wiggler. Temp swings all over! I was ready to throw in the towel with the whole hatch!

I got it under control with placing the thermo just below the lights in between them and the fan. I will get a good picture of my set up after the last couple eggs show no signs of hatching today and I clean the crud out. I used my spot check in the air just on the tops of my eggs. I noticed I still have hot/cold spots I need to deal with but I am not going to blame the thermostat yet. I need to change to a larger fan and do some more tests first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom