INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this good.we didn't have paper towels.but napkins
thumbsup.gif
if they keep place

The final numbers are in! ( I think) Day 22 !!
STYROBATOR COOLER BATOR

SHIPPED
6/7 7/9

LOCAL
8/8 6/8

TOTAL HATCHED TOTAL HATCHED

14/15 13/17
93% 76%

In my final notes I would like to add. I have been hatching out of my styro (Hovabator 1588 forced air) many times. I know how to get the temp I want and the eggs were in an automatic turner. I didn't open the bator or touch the eggs much at all. I also know exactly what to do to get the humidity I want and don't have to make a lot of adjustments.

In the Cooler, this was my first time incubating eggs in it. I had some issues I had to work out right off in the beginning. I'm going to make some adjustments (bigger fan) first off. I think my humidity was a bit high during the hatch but I was afraid to open it up and adjust it so I left it. I think this was a great learning experience and (with minor adjustments) I'm ready to hatch again!

The local eggs came to me fresh (within 6 days) I did have quite a few clears. I had set 24 and only 16 went in to lockdown.
The shipped eggs were amazing. They came from Papas Poultry and were delivered in 2 days. They traveled from Redding CA to Portland OR. The aircells were all small and intact. I ordered a doz but got many extras! My totals of shipped were 18 set and 16 went into lockdown. Of the 16 in lockdown 14 hatched!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

Quote:
ya.gif
good save!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
keep me updated pls

hugs.gif
morning!

6 pips now... chirping - no chicks. The mal-positioned chick has not quit yet. That is still the largest "hole" in any egg.

@Sally Sunshine - I go by Anastasia. My husbands friends all call me "AC"

Ms,@Sally Sunshine can I take the ones that are dry out.they are pecking the little ones that are drying bad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom