Incubator's Temp Alarm Won't Stop Beeping

saving grace

Loving Life
Premium Feather Member
Feb 2, 2021
Canada
So, I bought a cheap HHD Chinese incubator second hand a couple years ago and I'm finally trying it out for the first time.

I got it all set up and tested it for a day with great results. The temp stayed pretty steady the entire time, and there was absolutely no beeping or any issues.

I put the eggs in around 10-11 this morning, and to my dismay the temperature warning goes off repeatedly (sometimes every ten minutes, sometimes it takes longer). I've checked the settings many times, I for sure have the high temp and low temp warning set way out of range of what the incubator's temperature actually is. If that makes sense. Kind of confusing.

I know this is because it's a cheap model, but I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to disarm the alarm? Maybe I should just take the eggs out and give up on it?

I've been dealing with this silly beeping machine all day, and I obviously can't let it continue into the night.

Any thoughts?

If your temperature is staying at correct setting, meaning, the actual temperature inside incubator,,, I would find the little noise making source, inside on the circuit board. Or where ever it is located,,, and mutilate it.
Then just use incubator,,,, without annoying warnings.
Don't blame it for being a cheap Chinese model. So many things are made in China, and are just FINE. :thumbsup
We don't live in a perfect Universe. Remember Apillo13. things went wrong with high tech engineering.
Another similar one,,, More current. The Samsung Phones catching FIRE. Those phones were also not cheap ether.
BTW, Luv:love your Avatar. Not hard to figure out why.:frow

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

If your temperature is staying at correct setting, meaning, the actual temperature inside incubator,,, I would find the little noise making source, inside on the circuit board. Or where ever it is located,,, and mutilate it.
Then just use incubator,,,, without annoying warnings.
Don't blame it for being a cheap Chinese model. So many things are made in China, and are just FINE. :thumbsup
We don't live in a perfect Universe. Remember Apillo13. things went wrong with high tech engineering.
Another similar one,,, More current. The Samsung Phones catching FIRE. Those phones were also not cheap ether.
BTW, Luv:love your Avatar. Not hard to figure out why.:frow

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:
Thanks for the kind reply!

I did end up taking the eggs out, though I did put a dozen under one of my broody hens, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Besides the beeping, the temps were beginning to fluctuate badly, and in general, I was just done with the machine. :lol:

I plan on investing money soon in an incubator that will actually WORK and won't waste my time with endless worrying.

I love your profile pic too! :D

I don't have a dog in it. :gig Meaning I am not promoting this,,, just offering my opinion based on many peeps having good results with this model.
There were some issues with the early models, that have been addressed, and corrected.
image_2024-05-13_141031962.png

There are at least a couple threads about this incubator here on BYC. I'm sure you can find them with a quick search.
I don't incubate eggs, but if I did,,, This would be my choice incubator.

I don't have a dog in it. :gig Meaning I am not promoting this,,, just offering my opinion based on many peeps having good results with this model.
There were some issues with the early models, that have been addressed, and corrected.
View attachment 3830714
There are at least a couple threads about this incubator here on BYC. I'm sure you can find them with a quick search.
I don't incubate eggs, but if I did,,, This would be my choice incubator.
Thanks for the suggestion!

I ordered a Hovabator this morning, but I was just looking at this same incubator! Unfortunately, I did need space for more eggs, and this model didn't seem to be available in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom