Indiana BYCers chickenfest 2015

What state parks are closest to you? That will help too. Or even a "yogi bear" park, or a "mom and pop" type established campground. KOAs are pretty widespread in our state too.
The 4-H fairgrounds in Goshen is a hugely popular place for RV camping. Lots of RV rallies are held there as well as individuals that stay. The website is http://4hfair.org/rv/rvcamping/ Farther away about 40 minutes north of Middlebury (close to the Michigan line) is a campground (KOA?) Potato Creek State Park is in South Bend (an hour? away). I think there's also something in Shipshewana (about 30 minutes away), which is a fun place to visit if you've never been there. Those are the first things that pop into my head. We don't camp so I'm not sure what else is out there -- I'd have to do some more research about it.

ATTENTION:

It's me once again, with a reminder about Chickenfest 2015. I am still polling for the best possible date for everyone to be able to attend. The deadline for this polling is Feb. 28th. So get your pm's to me (barb s) with your preferred date. Once the deadline has passed I will be posting the event date.

For those of you who do not know what Chickenfest is. It is a meet and greet of people from all over the state of Indiana and a few other states as well. You will get to meet a lot of super people with a lot of knowledge about raising chickens, as well as all other types of fowl, livestock and just about anything else you might want to learn about. This year we are planning on having demonstrations on FF and raising meal worms, as well as possibly a few other demos. And I have a few things planned that I won't be letting out of the bag just yet. Oh and there will be lots of yummy food.

So get your pm's to me and plan on attending this fun event.

T-Shirts for the 2015 Chicken Fest are now available. Once ordered they will ship mid March. Cost is $17 per shirt with a per order charge of $5 for shipping.
http://www.booster.com/indiana-byc-tshirt
front

I will be more than happy to donate eggs and chicks for auction to help support Chickenfest as well! Should be able to offer black and blue split for lavender silkie/showgirls, white silkies, bantam cochins in partridge, buff/buff barred, and lavender barred/barred split for lavender, blrw, and partridge brahmas. I'm not sure the best method to set up an auction for this. Let me know if there is interest.

I will be more than happy to donate eggs and chicks for auction to help support Chickenfest as well! Should be able to offer black and blue split for lavender silkie/showgirls, white silkies, bantam cochins in partridge, buff/buff barred, and lavender barred/barred split for lavender, blrw, and partridge brahmas. I'm not sure the best method to set up an auction for this. Let me know if there is interest.

I will donate a dozen sumatra eggs for pickup only though. I don't have the supplies or experience to ship eggs.
I typically have large mixed fertile eggs available too as those are the ones we use in the kitchen.

It is my understanding that there are a few people in the facebook group that don't read all of BYC so any auction would need to be linked in there as well.

Back
Top Bottom