Indiana BYCers chickenfest 2015

D.gif
New Information Below:
D.gif

Wanted: Hatching Egg Donors.
jumpy.gif

It has been proposed that as another way to raise money for Chickenfest 2015, we have some hatching egg auctions.
Do you have birds producing fertile eggs? Then you qualify to be an egg donor. All fertile eggs acceptable - turkeys, quail, emu, pigeons, chickens, ducks, geese, etc ....
These auctions are a great way to increase the fun of getting local hatching eggs as well as provide a method for spreading all of the different breeds we have among our members. Anything from rare breeds and barnyard mixed eggs qualify for donating. All that is needed are the fertile eggs promised in the auction at the time the auction ends. Willing to ship? Great! Not so sure about shipping eggs and prefer pickup only? That is perfectly acceptable too, just let us know either way. And of course an additional benefit will be the funds raised to make Chickenfest a better experience for all involved.

Steps to becoming a hatching egg donor:
1. Consider what you want to donate.
2. Consider when you will have the eggs available. The eggs must be available at the end of the auction.
3. Consider if you are willing and able to ship and the costs involved including the postage as well as packaging materials. In state regional shipping is estimated at $10-15 but regional boxes need ordering from the USPS site meaning while a large flat rate box might cost a tad more, it is better for you the shipper. The bidder will be expected to arrange payment with the donor for shipping costs. You are NOT obligated to ship. You can choose pickup only if that is what you are more comfortable with. We just need to know so we can post your choice during the auction.
4. To sign up, please send a pm to @racinchickins Include:

your BYC username;
your location;
breed of donated eggs;
if you can provide a breed description that would be great;
the date you will have eggs available (a range would be best);
how many eggs you have for donation (the auction will not list more than you are willing to donate);
if you are willing to ship the eggs or if your eggs will be pick up only;
the amount of shipping money you would request, if you ship the eggs;
and the email you would want to have the shipping money sent to, if shipping the eggs.
All shipping requested funds will be paid by the buyer in addition to the winning bid amount. All shipping requested funds will be paid to the egg donor so that they may ship in a timely manner (hopefully the first business day after the auction ends).

The first auction was planned to start today but the weather has delayed it. I won't be collecting eggs for hatching until it is above 20F.

it may be a little early yet , but we could plan on haching some chicks &/or bring hatching eggs to the chickenstock if anyone wants any - we breed Iowa Blues, EEs & EE mix, & Chantecler mix
i also would like to get a marans pullet (or maybe a couple eggs or chick) from ellie & blue egg layer from someone - maybe we could work out some kind of trade deal?
also some of them bielefelders too
We did swaps last year, it worked out really good, and was a lot of fun too. @bradselig brought silkie hatching eggs free for the taking, and there were some other birds I brought for members, and took some home of course LOL! So plan to bring some for swapping, trading and I bet you will come home with a few new breeds! We are planning egg auctions very soon to help fund this years chicken fest too. I plan to offer up LO and probably my Jaerhon eggs since they are mature birds. My Beilie hen is still young, and the rooster isn't "active" yet.

Quote: Once we have a date, we may be able to organize some chicken trains to help every one get birds they are looking for. I want to add to my beilie flock! I am really liking these birds, enough to where some of the more common breeds won't be staying. With just a pair its going to take forever to add to my flock, ugh. Completely impressed with the breed.

We did swaps last year, it worked out really good, and was a lot of fun too. @bradselig
brought silkie hatching eggs free for the taking, and there were some other birds I brought for members, and took some home of course LOL! So plan to bring some for swapping, trading and I bet you will come home with a few new breeds! We are planning egg auctions very soon to help fund this years chicken fest too. I plan to offer up LO and probably my Jaerhon eggs since they are mature birds. My Beilie hen is still young, and the rooster isn't "active" yet.

Once we have a date, we may be able to organize some chicken trains to help every one get birds they are looking for. I want to add to my beilie flock! I am really liking these birds, enough to where some of the more common breeds won't be staying. With just a pair its going to take forever to add to my flock, ugh. Completely impressed with the breed.

They are amazing, I totally agree!!! I'm sure I'll be able to help you out! I want to raise a couple more girls myself as well. I need more!!!!

D.gif
New Information Below:
D.gif

Wanted: Hatching Egg Donors.
jumpy.gif

It has been proposed that as another way to raise money for Chickenfest 2015, we have some hatching egg auctions.
Do you have birds producing fertile eggs? Then you qualify to be an egg donor. All fertile eggs acceptable - turkeys, quail, emu, pigeons, chickens, ducks, geese, etc ....
These auctions are a great way to increase the fun of getting local hatching eggs as well as provide a method for spreading all of the different breeds we have among our members. Anything from rare breeds and barnyard mixed eggs qualify for donating. All that is needed are the fertile eggs promised in the auction at the time the auction ends. Willing to ship? Great! Not so sure about shipping eggs and prefer pickup only? That is perfectly acceptable too, just let us know either way. And of course an additional benefit will be the funds raised to make Chickenfest a better experience for all involved.

Steps to becoming a hatching egg donor:
1. Consider what you want to donate.
2. Consider when you will have the eggs available. The eggs must be available at the end of the auction.
3. Consider if you are willing and able to ship and the costs involved including the postage as well as packaging materials. In state regional shipping is estimated at $10-15 but regional boxes need ordering from the USPS site meaning while a large flat rate box might cost a tad more, it is better for you the shipper. The bidder will be expected to arrange payment with the donor for shipping costs. You are NOT obligated to ship. You can choose pickup only if that is what you are more comfortable with. We just need to know so we can post your choice during the auction.
4. To sign up, please send a pm to @racinchickins Include:

your BYC username;
your location;
breed of donated eggs;
if you can provide a breed description that would be great;
the date you will have eggs available (a range would be best);
how many eggs you have for donation (the auction will not list more than you are willing to donate);
if you are willing to ship the eggs or if your eggs will be pick up only;
the amount of shipping money you would request, if you ship the eggs;
and the email you would want to have the shipping money sent to, if shipping the eggs.
All shipping requested funds will be paid by the buyer in addition to the winning bid amount. All shipping requested funds will be paid to the egg donor so that they may ship in a timely manner (hopefully the first business day after the auction ends).

The first auction was planned to start today but the weather has delayed it. I won't be collecting eggs for hatching until it is above 20F.

I would be happy to donate eggs but don't know what breeds will be laying when. Right now everybody has said, "no way, not me, not in this weather." And if someone does lay, the egg is frozen by the time I get there. If and when, I have EE's with a Brahma cross roo, silkies (white, blue, black, and splash), silver-laced Appenzellers, black copper and wheaten Marans, LF Polish (tolbunt roo, 2 tolbunt hens, splash frizzle hen, and silver laced hen), white crested black bantam polish (frizzle and smooth), bantam cochins (black quad and blue roo with two blue and one white hen). Can also pair up EE hens with a BCM roo for olive eggers. Except for the EE's, who run wherever, all pens are separated.

Some ideas from previous chickenstocks, raffles of donated items, especially pairs or chicks, or silent auctions. The raffles seem to go better. These were done the day of the get-together. A pinata for the kids was a hit (no pun intended, but it's there anyhow!).

ya.gif
ATTENTION ATTENTION
ya.gif

There is one week left to get your vote to me for Chickenfest 2015. I will be posting the date next Sunday.

Also, the deadline for ordering t-shirts is 2 weeks from today. So get your orders in. We are a long way from our goal.

Something else you all might like to know, the 1st day of Spring is 1 month from yesterday.

Have a great day

Back
Top Bottom