Indiana BYCers chickenfest 2015

Haven't been on here for awhile, but did want to add that I would love to help Minminme with the food. Also, as far as State Parks go there is Pokagon, which is about an hour from the Michigan state line. A little farther south is Salamonie which has a campground in the park but also has a horsemens campground and a primitive campground in the forest. I think the last time we camped there it was 10 dollars a night. The only problem with the campground it the forest is that it is self serve. I have been to Mississinewa but have never camped there, so don't know anything about their campground. They do have a battle reenactment of the war of 1812 every year in October, called Mississinewa Days, thats pretty cool.
Well just wanted to say that I would be happy to help with the food.
yesss.gif
Awesome! And so good to hear from you too!

I agree before fair season, Earlier in the spring when temps are much milder.
We are all over the fence still on date but we may have a better option on a location. Will post as soon as I know.

They are all stunning. I am no good at choosing pics I want them all!
we really need to work with @PeacefulWalls to get a date first. that way our out of state folks can attend. They will need to book camping in advance.
I am open to any date/time but memorial weekend. May 28th is my anniversary and that weekend belongs to my hubby
wink.png

They are all stunning. I am no good at choosing pics I want them all!
we really need to work with @PeacefulWalls to get a date first. that way our out of state folks can attend. They will need to book camping in advance.
I am open to any date/time but memorial weekend. May 28th is my anniversary and that weekend belongs to my hubby
wink.png

The best dates for us would be June 28th, September - October but not Sept 19-20 or the Oct show date, unless the party happens to be close to the show.
If the party is June 28th, it would make traveling the day before a bit easier as most people have Saturday off and maybe even Monday the 29th if they get a whole week off for the 4th. The only thing about June / early July is the hatching and brooding of chicks. Should winter be bad again, hatching and thus brooding season could be delayed.

My family wore the 2014 shirts yesterday. And I already need more. Children grow so fast. It would be great if we could get another shirt order going. If the pattern is different of the background color is different, I'll need to buy more. But if it all stays the same, I'll still need quite a few.
I'm thinking there are a few others on the main IN thread that would join up with me and maybe we could get some money raised for the chicken fest.

My family wore the 2014 shirts yesterday. And I already need more. Children grow so fast. It would be great if we could get another shirt order going. If the pattern is different of the background color is different, I'll need to buy more. But if it all stays the same, I'll still need quite a few.
I'm thinking there are a few others on the main IN thread that would join up with me and maybe we could get some money raised for the chicken fest.

This fell thru the cracks, for sure! We had been ramping up for new shirts, and racin agreed to be the treasurer for the project too. After the holidays, I want to try very hard to get plans in order for 2015 fest, shirts, and planning committee for the food and the fest also. Both years were so much fun! I really look forward to the next one.

Back
Top Bottom