Indiana BYCers chickenfest 2015

What is the chickenfest?

Does it cost admission?

What do you discuss?

Chickenfest is a gathering of chicken-type people who mostly frequent this thread.  This will be our 3rd annual gathering.  We are trying to hit different areas around the state so more people can attend.  Year 1 was central, year 2 was east, this year is north near Goshen.  Anyone interested is welcome to come.

No admission fee, although we are having a couple fund raisers to try to raise money to pay for supplies and other incidentals.

Chickens! of course, and whatever else comes to mind.  No topic is really off limits as long as it is family friendly.  We are hoping to have some demos this year.  Fermented food, aquaponics and raising mealworms have been suggested as well as some others.

I admit, I am 12, going to be 13 in June, I know that I am still a kid, but can I go just for the fun of i? I love raising chickens! I surmise this is for adults... What should I do?

Quote: I admit, I am 12, going to be 13 in June, I know that I am still a kid, but can I go just for the fun of i? I love raising chickens! I surmise this is for adults... What should I do?
You surmise incorrectly...
wink.png
This is meant for all ages. We also love raising chickens and love to talk about them to anyone who will sit still long enough to listen. If you have the means to get to the Fest, I believe you would find it very enjoyable. I wish I had gotten into chickens when I was your age. Instead of later, much later.

What is the chickenfest?

Does it cost admission?

What do you discuss?

Chickenfest is a gathering of chicken-type people who mostly frequent this thread.  This will be our 3rd annual gathering.  We are trying to hit different areas around the state so more people can attend.  Year 1 was central, year 2 was east, this year is north near Goshen.  Anyone interested is welcome to come.

No admission fee, although we are having a couple fund raisers to try to raise money to pay for supplies and other incidentals.

Thanks, do you know the date?

Chickens! of course, and whatever else comes to mind.  No topic is really off limits as long as it is family friendly.  We are hoping to have some demos this year.  Fermented food, aquaponics and raising mealworms have been suggested as well as some others.

I admit, I am 12, going to be 13 in June, I know that I am still a kid, but can I go just for the fun of i? I love raising chickens! I surmise this is for adults... What should I do?

You surmise incorrectly...;)   This is meant for all ages.  We also love raising chickens and love to talk about them to anyone who will sit still long enough to listen.  If you have the means to get to the Fest, I believe you would find it very enjoyable.  I wish I had gotten into chickens when I was your age.  Instead of later, much later.

Quote: I admit, I am 12, going to be 13 in June, I know that I am still a kid, but can I go just for the fun of i? I love raising chickens! I surmise this is for adults... What should I do?
You surmise incorrectly...
wink.png
This is meant for all ages. We also love raising chickens and love to talk about them to anyone who will sit still long enough to listen. If you have the means to get to the Fest, I believe you would find it very enjoyable. I wish I had gotten into chickens when I was your age. Instead of later, much later.
copied this from an earlier post:

CHICKENFEST 2015 WILL BE ON SATURDAY, JUNE 27TH, 2015.​

I'm well past the age of 21. Truth be told I'm a mom of multiple children. I brought all of the children last year. For the most part they loved every minute of it. Chickens, dogs, and a playground, not to mention food in large amounts. There was one playground injury so for those few moments right at the end, one child did not like it. Still the current plans are to bring them all again.

I'd say if you can get there, come and have a great time.

You are absolutely welcome, as well as your family. All of our thread members respect our simple rules. Keep it family friendly. We don't allow drugs, alcohol or obnoxious language at our events. Of course, being under 18 you need your parents permission to attend. I hope you can make it!

yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ATTENTION ATTENTION
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

CHICKENFEST 2015 UPDATE

DATE: SATURDAY, JUNE 27TH, 2015

TIME: 11:00 AM TO 6:00 PM

DINNER SERVED AT 1:00 PM (STILL WORKING ON THE MENU, BUT IT WILL BE DELICIOUS)

SOME OF THE ACTIVITIES THAT WE HAVE PLANNED ARE:

FF (Fermenting Feed) Demo
Raising Meal Worms Demo
Rabbitry Demo (From picking a rabbit to processing rabbit, and everything in between) presented by Chloe (Zoann's daughter)

Demos we are hoping to also have are cheese making and aquaponics.

EGG TOSS AND/OR BALLOON TOSS FOR THE ADULTS - WINNER GETTING 25.00 PREMIER 1 GIFT CERTIFICATE

EGG TOSS AND/OR BALLOON TOSS FOR THE OLDER KIDS - WINNER GETTING 15.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE UNDETERMINED YET

SIDEWALK CHICKEN DRAWING CONTEST FOR YOUNGER KIDS WINNER GETTING A PRIZE THAT HAS YET TO BE DECIDED.

50/50 DRAWINGS - MONIES MADE FROM THIS WILL GO TOWARDS CHICKENFEST EXPENSES FOR THIS YEAR OR NEXT YEAR'S EVENT.

DOOR PRIZES - 1ST PLACE PREMIER HEAT PLATE, 2ND PRIZE 50.00 PREMIER GIFT CERTIFICATE, 3RD & 4TH PRIZE 25.00 PREMIER GIFT CERTIFICATE.

WE WILL BE ASKING FOR A FREE WILL DONATION TO ALSO HELP COVER EXPENSES.

RSVP ME (BARB S) WITH THE NUMBER OF ADULTS, NUMBER, AGE AND GENDER OF CHILDREN THAT PLAN ON ATTENDING. THE DEADLINE FOR RSVP'S IS MAY 31ST. BUT PLEASE GET THEM TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS THIS WILL HELP GREATLY WITH THE MEAL PLANNING AND ANY GIFT BAGS, ETC THAT WE MAY PUT TOGETHER.

Back
Top Bottom