Indiana BYCers chickenfest 2015

Quote:
We have had 2 so far, this will be the 3rd if we can work it out. Last 2 years, we all had such a good time we wished it was longer! Prior years we have had swaps of birds and eggs, some games for kids and adults and usually a raffle or door prize. Its so much fun and you don't have to worry about eye rolls while you talk about your flock and eggs! Includes a nice big meal, and lots of fellowship. We don't charge admission but accept donations.
First year was graciously hosted by @racinchickins at his home, last year I hosted at the private campground my DH and I are members of.. Tentative plans for this year is northern IN around goshen. Hope to have the state vet in for a Q & A also!

Would love to attend! I am still looking for a couple Rumpless Araucana, Welsummer, and 2nd gen Olive Egger hens or well started pullets. Can't wait to meet fellow "bird brains" :)

I am hoping for suggestions. I know this is a busy time of year for young families, especially with school sports activities! My Kids are grown. so am a little out of the loop so to speak. Sundays are a better day for us but Saturdays will work also.

I would love to take part. But Goshen is a bit too far from me to make it. I hope y'all have fuN!
celebrate.gif

I would be happy to host. I am pretty new to chicken keeping and have an ever evolving mixed flock but have plenty of room for a gathering. About 20 minutes south of Indianapolis 5 minutes off of St Rd 37.

I would be happy to host. I am pretty new to chicken keeping and have an ever evolving mixed flock but have plenty of room for a gathering. About 20 minutes south of Indianapolis 5 minutes off of St Rd 37.
Thank you so much!
We are trying to go to a different location every fest to make sure everyone can come and join in! I was hoping to do a north location this year, first year was mooresville, last year was liberty. When the AI scare blossomed this spring and most poultry events were cancelled, we postponed. I don't know that we can organize one in time this year to make it happen, but am hopeful.

Thank you so much!
We are trying to go to a different location every fest to make sure everyone can come and join in! I was hoping to do a north location this year, first year was mooresville, last year was liberty. When the AI scare blossomed this spring and most poultry events were cancelled, we postponed. I don't know that we can organize one in time this year to make it happen, but am hopeful.

Ok well let me know if you need a place. We have an annual party (pitch in & band) for about 150 people. This year it is Saturday the 26th of September. It would be easy enough to clean up and leave tables and chairs set up for an event Sunday the 27th.

Wherever you get together, I look forward to meeting everyone!

Well, it looks like we just are not going to be able to hold a fest this year. Most of those who are involved in planning just will not be able to work it in. We are looking at late April, early May next year. Will likely be a Sunday afternoon, still aiming for the northern end of the state.@PeacefulWalls thinks we may still be able to hold it at her church.

Back
Top Bottom