Indio Gigante

BigIsleBo

Hatching
May 14, 2022
I bought some of these from GFF. I did 2 hatches and think I'm going to order some more just to try to get diversity in my genetics. So far so good. Mine are 2 and 3 months old at this time. Started them on chick starter and are on flock raiser now with scratch mixed in. I started giving mine oyster shell at one week because of their long legs / big feet / bone structure. None of mine have developed crooked toes to date. A couple have nails that dont point down, they turn back, but other than that their feet and legs are all good. I like their coloring. While it varies as far as primary coloring they seem to all have a terracotta secondary color and on some the terracotta color is primary. So they are color coordinated sort of.

I bought some of these from GFF. I did 2 hatches and think I'm going to order some more just to try to get diversity in my genetics. So far so good. Mine are 2 and 3 months old at this time. Started them on chick starter and are on flock raiser now with scratch mixed in. I started giving mine oyster shell at one week because of their long legs / big feet / bone structure. None of mine have developed crooked toes to date. A couple have nails that dont point down, they turn back, but other than that their feet and legs are all good. I like their coloring. While it varies as far as primary coloring they seem to all have a terracotta secondary color and on some the terracotta color is primary. So they are color coordinated sort of.
Rare Rooster Acres is where to get Indio Gigante! 👍🏻

Rare Rooster Acres is where to get Indio Gigante! 👍🏻
I’m looking into ordering hatching eggs from them in a couple months after my next batch of chicks arrives. Do you know if it’s always says on the website sold out on eggs and I can add to cart but says $0 for eggs?

Back
Top Bottom