International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I only hatch from my mixed pen when my number of laying hens has dropped, which they have. I have a broody brahma and a broody cross, might use them to hatch some layers.

If I don’t need layers, I focus on pure breeds. A surprise good quality chick will be more beneficial to the pure breeds than mixed, so I prioritise them.
I don't need layers....hmmm 🤔

I’ve attached my eBay listing for marans eggs. I don’t expect anyone here to buy any, the shipping to the states would be ridiculous, I’m simply showing you guys the listing if anyone is interested in seeing my breeding flock (I’ve probably talked better about them here than I do there, I’m mostly using the egg colour as the selling point on eBay).

Anyway, for what it’s worth:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/29638822...ydw1ctltcs&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I’ve attached my eBay listing for marans eggs. I don’t expect anyone here to buy any, the shipping to the states would be ridiculous, I’m simply showing you guys the listing if anyone is interested in seeing my breeding flock (I’ve probably talked better about them here than I do there, I’m mostly using the egg colour as the selling point on eBay).

Anyway, for what it’s worth:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/29638822...ydw1ctltcs&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Good luck with your listing..
This is a great picture.
Screenshot_20240424-221328.png

4 weeks tomorrow..Super crappy pic of the littles starting to roost. We've had 4 nights of freeze warnings with daytime highs varying between 30s-60s so I've delayed raising the heat lamp.
IMG_20240425_202723.jpg

Exploring the coop. Most of the girls have been doing really good with them, just minor pecking..Kong not so much. I have to monitor closely when he enters the coop.
IMG_20240424_160756.jpg

And they found the run...excuse the mess out back, been cleaning that area up to start breaking ground on an additional 6' of run and then their new/old outside coop.
IMG_20240426_164454.jpg
IMG_20240426_164508.jpg
IMG_20240426_164551.jpg

I did get a few videos I need to upload yet and can post if anyone wants to see them....🙂

🤪 Have you lost your mind? 🤣
I used to say that's up for debate, but it's been confirmed.
Yes we want to see these cuties in action!

I think I see a cockeral showing himself in that group.
Ok, will do. Seems like the thread went cold lately. But it's sure nice to hear from you, I hope your well. ♥️

And yes, theirs at least 2, possibly 3 boys. :wee

I used to say that's up for debate, but it's been confirmed.

Ok, will do. Seems like the thread went cold lately. But it's sure nice to hear from you, I hope your well. ♥️

And yes, theirs at least 2, possibly 3 boys. :wee
Yes, thanks, I'm doing fine. I'm just busy planting my garden and flower beds right now so been posting less.

Right now I have no babies and too many eggs! 😂

Back
Top Bottom