International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Quote:
We are not giving you credit. LOL..... we are just saying nice birds! Next generation you will get the well done.
hugs.gif

Yes..... I can take no credit for mine either. Feels Right Farm was the breeder of my beautiful BCM. Last night I had them out and in Antonio's group there are three pullets that are nearly impossible to tell apart and all pretty. They are very nice. Thanks Amanda.

finished filling up the incubator with 175 large eggs .average size 68g . 1.34g extra than last week = 66.66g. more uniform ,I had a problem fitting them in the try because they are large and oval .
I had to use Cream Leg Bar eggs and the aracauna eggs between the marans eggs so they could fit .just

today in 9 days so I candled the eggs . no bad for the first time from 176 egg went in 50 infertile/ dead embryos ,and 126 fertile
2 rooster let me down . actually wasn t they fault ,they where the last 2 to be penned in .
White Storm pen = 15 eggs only 4 fertile 11 out
Blue Wheaten = 14 eggs only 4 fertile 10 out

the rest of the pen is normal between 3 to 5 by pen out of 20 eggs average by pen .

tomorrow i ll crack them open to see @ what stage of they developement the Embryos died .

chooks man

I think they are going to love it .
every body like a house with a garden . class.

hope for you to get the eggs safe this time from Monique and fill up your new coop with more marans .

all the best my friend.

chooks man

you are right: my salmon faverolles pullet found the way to the marans house with a garden, lol. I left her with them.

I am praying for the eggs from monique. they are still in france. tomorrow is a national holiday in greece and I am not sure if the tracking service will be working.

Quote:
lau.gif

you remind me on my mother's friend. when we made her wishes for her birthday, etc. she used to say: wish me luck! if I am lucky I will have everything. don't wish me good health without luck, I don't need it. who wants to live long if not lucky!

btw, your handsome devil is handsome indeed.

finished filling up the incubator with 175 large eggs .average size 68g . 1.34g extra than last week = 66.66g. more uniform ,I had a problem fitting them in the try because they are large and oval .
I had to use Cream Leg Bar eggs and the aracauna eggs between the marans eggs so they could fit .just

today in 9 days so I candled the eggs . no bad for the first time from 176 egg went in 50 infertile/ dead embryos ,and 126 fertile
2 rooster let me down . actually wasn t they fault ,they where the last 2 to be penned in .
White Storm pen = 15 eggs only 4 fertile 11 out
Blue Wheaten = 14 eggs only 4 fertile 10 out

the rest of the pen is normal between 3 to 5 by pen out of 20 eggs average by pen .

tomorrow i ll crack them open to see @ what stage of they developement the Embryos died .

chooks man

good luck! it will be better next time with your white storm and blue wheaten. just give them time.

how do you candle marans eggs? I couldn't candle the tinted ones - ok, I didn't know how to do that.

I will post them soon. Here is picture of another one.

you see if I didn t ask I ll never have a chance to see this stunning specimen . WOW he is all Class this one .he ll give the first one the run for his money .

he is spot on the money . have every thing the BCM rooster should have .

no much to except you are spoiled for the chose . SO choose well .

Bravo to you ( you rise them well ,healthy and happy ) and BRAVO to the breeder ,done a great job.

chooks man.

PS = now I want to see all your cockerel one by one plus the pullets too . so much to see and discover trait from them . they are a beauty .

Back
Top Bottom