International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

If you have chickens on your picnic table, you might be a redneck! :lol:

20180512_165802.jpg

See the comb color on this Blue Copper. That is the same color of the splash pullets feet. Pink with a yellow hue. Maybe this will go away when older. Still probably not a good thing. When I say cull I always mean find a new home.
View attachment 1385239
I'd give that little beauty a home if I was closer ! It would be easy to hide amongst the other blue birds I have lolol

I just found the thread that mentions the presence of white in the wing/tail. It has a ton of great info. It says that white is only acceptable if it is 1/2 inch of white or less present on only one feather. More white than that is a DQ. Also, white underfluff is merely a fault and not a DQ. I think that is what Tom said in an earlier post but I am just confirming this. Here is the link to the thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/marans-proposed-standards-for-reference-purposes.385769/

See the comb color on this Blue Copper. That is the same color of the splash pullets feet. Pink with a yellow hue. Maybe this will go away when older. Still probably not a good thing. When I say cull I always mean find a new home.
View attachment 1385239

time will tell.

I wouldn't cull the entire line. I work with what I have,

I am not perfect but my mother didn't cull me:lau

I just found the thread that mentions the presence of white in the wing/tail. It has a ton of great info. It says that white is only acceptable if it is 1/2 inch of white or less present on only one feather. More white than that is a DQ. Also, white underfluff is merely a fault and not a DQ. I think that is what Tom said in an earlier post but I am just confirming this. Here is the link to the thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/marans-proposed-standards-for-reference-purposes.385769/
That's the one! TOM

Back
Top Bottom