International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Aww she was a really good mom! Ive had a couple that have been good moms while others have been horrible. Now my game hens are the best moms but it takes them until their second clutch to figure it out usually.

This Game hen is a year old and is raising her first set of chicks. I didnt think she would do a good job so I just gave her 3 chicks out of the incubator I didnt care much about. She has kept all of them and is a good mom. And the rooster even helps her take care of them. Lol

Pardon her tail, its messed up from her sitting in the nestbox.
View attachment 1404699 View attachment 1404700
Beautiful!

One chick has hatched, very early. Here we go..... Looks like a pullet. Hatched in the incubator with the fan so not high heat early. The high heat incubator has one pip, the fan one, has a couple.

As long as the chicks are fully developed and they have completely absorbed their yolk sac, hatching early doesnt have any negative impact on them as far as Ive seen. How early are they?

As long as the chicks are fully developed and they have completely absorbed their yolk sac, hatching early doesnt have any negative impact on them as far as Ive seen. How early are they?
One day.... all healthy. Probably not all that early, the eggs are pipping and three have hatched. No complications. I always get confused about the day you put them in the incubator being day one. They went in on the 6th.

One day.... all healthy. Probably not all that early, the eggs are pipping and three have hatched. No complications. I always get confused about the day you put them in the incubator being day one. They went in on the 6th.

If they went in on the 6th they're due the 27th. One day early is pretty common and no big deal at all. Yay!! Congratulations! Hope you get a great hatch! :D

if you set the eggs on monday day 21 is on monday too. very simple.

How's everyone doing ? I missed quite a bit in thread since life got a bit busy there for minute . Hope everyone is well .
Still really enjoying watching my marans grow up ,there are def my favs in the flock with those beautiful colors .
Screenshot_20180526-091721.png
Screenshot_20180526-092254.png

Back
Top Bottom