International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Is it okay to have this much color at 1 week old?
20200618_104325.jpg
20200618_104317.jpg

Edited to mean copper on the wings.

Last edited:
Is it okay to have this much color at 1 week old?View attachment 2200675View attachment 2200676

the copper is the wing is a sign this chick come from well colored line . how much color we don t know ,because we don t have a parent stock to compare too .

I have been saying to @marchick about the mossiness in her chicks it is ok ,because I know her chooks well and I know there is over colored chooks in her breeding pen ,so I m no worry about it .
it is better not to have any thing except black ,but we don t have a well line bred chooks to breed from .

one thing I can see with with chicks ,they are early feathering type .

for me what it is important when they are young is they body type and they health . 2 very ,very ,very important traits for the young chicks to have .
the rest will come later .

I hope they stay healthy for you and they will live for as long as you can keep them .

chooks man

for some unknown reason I have stopped receiving alerts for this thread. I have also had problems with internet so I was about a month back. I finally read all the posts.

nice to see you posting .
I thought you are just busy building your new home .
how is every thing ,we mist to see your chooks . how they are doing?

hope you are well and all thing are coming good

chooks man

Is it okay to have this much color at 1 week old?View attachment 2200675View attachment 2200676

mossiness in plumage is sign of chicks come from well colored parent .
Mossiness in chicks hatch down is sign of impurity .
2 different thing .
Black copper ,they need to be colored ,problem this color need to be balance by the breeders to give a great and correct pattern .

chooks man

the copper is the wing is a sign this chick come from well colored line . how much color we don t know ,because we don t have a parent stock to compare too .

I have been saying to @marchick about the mossiness in her chicks it is ok ,because I know her chooks well and I know there is over colored chooks in her breeding pen ,so I m no worry about it .
it is better not to have any thing except black ,but we don t have a well line bred chooks to breed from .

This hatch has the same parents as my last hatch. They look and act a little different than the last ones. These are the parents.

Screenshot_20200514-112944_BackYard Chickens.jpg
20200514_070257.jpg

nice to see you posting .
I thought you are just busy building your new home .
how is every thing ,we mist to see your chooks . how they are doing?

hope you are well and all thing are coming good

chooks man

unfortunatelly this covid burlesque set me back. (epidemic is a greek word meaning: a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease - out of 10 million people only 155 old people died - that was epidemic?) as business was closed for 3 months I don't know when I will get enough money to finish my new home. another year wasted.

This hatch has the same parents as my last hatch. They look and act a little different than the last ones. These are the parents.

View attachment 2201203View attachment 2201206

if this flock are the parent stock of your chicks ,I will not worry about the extra copper on they feathers .will molt out for sure . the parents are correctly colored ,so I don t see them throwing mossiness .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom