International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

here a BLC cockerel late maturing ,with great long /thick body type .good head/comb.good tail. plus he is Elegant and good walker .rich copper not diluted .
P1130130.JPG
P1130131.JPG
P1130132.JPG
P1130133.JPG
P1130134.JPG

chooks man

Chooksman, I talked to a big U.S breeder. He said that all the US lines have the parasitic white. Just have to limit how much. Does that mean I will never get rid of the white? What if every Marans I have has white?

just big talk and big breeders names that all.
you can breed in any thing you like ,and you can breed out any thing you don t like .
good breeding program and good has to cover all the area of SOP . not making excuses .

let them talk and do no ask other peoples if you want to breed a correct marans .
chooks man

here another good walker BC cockerel same age as BLC late maturing too .not as thick and long as a BLC cockerel but he is free from any parasitic white . love his copper and complete body pattern .
P1130194.JPG
P1130195.JPG
P1130196.JPG
P1130197.JPG
P1130199.JPG

love his light leg color .hard to maintain but desirable by SOP .
not a big fun of his thinner bones . like cockerels with thicker bones like BLC cockerel .
chooks man

Chooksman, You really do need to finish that book. The US needs you! So Blaze and Nimbus are just over a year. Is there a chance the white will molt out at 18 months?

I will finish my book one day . my guys they want to write it fast and sale it to make money ,I m not interested .so I m doing it my self .that will take time .because of all the detail I m going through . every trait of marans will be discussed and explain .
I have a lot thing on my plate to be honest with you .

any way if the parasitic white is there when they reach 6 months old ,than is going to satay .
if the parasitic white was caused by accident than will molt out .
after they adult molt if the new feathers have white on them ,than it is truely parasitic white and is going to satay .

if you keep doing what are doing now .marking all your chicks ,and hatching over 60 chicks a season ,is only matter of time your line will be perfect .need to learn how to be patient . each generation .some thing is bred true and some thing bad is bred out .just time and patient are needed.
let see who the young one turn out to be .

chooks man

I will finish my book one day . my guys they want to write it fast and sale it to make money ,I m not interested .so I m doing it my self .that will take time .because of all the detail I m going through . every trait of marans will be discussed and explain .
I have a lot thing on my plate to be honest with you .

any way if the parasitic white is there when they reach 6 months old ,than is going to satay .
if the parasitic white was caused by accident than will molt out .
after they adult molt if the new feathers have white on them ,than it is truely parasitic white and is going to satay .

if you keep doing what are doing now .marking all your chicks ,and hatching over 60 chicks a season ,is only matter of time your line will be perfect .need to learn how to be patient . each generation .some thing is bred true and some thing bad is bred out .just time and patient are needed.
let see who the young one turn out to be .

chooks man
Fabulous commentary.

is 60 a pretty good goal to hatch and grow out during a season to improve the line?

Chooksman, You really do need to finish that book. The US needs you! So Blaze and Nimbus are just over a year. Is there a chance the white will molt out at 18 months?

what you guys need to realize is .you are reading my book before it is written . you guys has access to my thought and knowledge . shared every things with you guys in here .so who is taking note will not need my book for sure .

chooks man

Fabulous commentary.

is 60 a pretty good goal to hatch and grow out during a season to improve the line?

thank you my friend .
50 ;70 is a great number to work deep any line
if you working with a pair . need to hatch 40/50 chicks
if you working with trio .you need to hatch about 30/35 chicks by hen
if you working with a quad .you ll be hatching 20/25 chicks by hen .
those numbers are needed to build a line from scratch . when the line is established ,than you don t need a high number to maintain it .

chooks man

@jolenesdad .
if you want to build a line more efficiently and faster .you need to apply test mating to find a compatible pair .
don t select your breeders recording only to they conformation .you need to test mate them to see what they throw .what is the quality or the flows of they offspring .
we are looking for breeders not show birds .
breeder bird they don t have to be free from any flow but they can produce a faultless progeny .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom