International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

The babies are 12 weeks old now. They have a long ways to go. I really need one of these guys to turn out workable. Just incase I lose my only rooster. I really wanted them to be BC. Maybe I can hatch a few BC cockerels next year. Right now these two are my only choices.

Attachments

• 20211021_145041.jpg
    20211021_145041.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211021_145407.jpg
    20211021_145407.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211021_145021.jpg
    20211021_145021.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 5
Difficult year with trying to hatch a replacement rooster. I had a couple prospects but sold those earlier in the year knowing I would have more to select from. Well here we are at the beginning of winter and I am down to the original Roo all by himself. I like to have atleast 2 at all time incase something happens. This is not an easy task. :barnie

I have never had a mean roo. maybe because I tame them, talk to them and pet them since young age.
That’s funny I take the completely different approach, I don’t handle my roos at all. I give them their space and they give me mine. Have not had an issue doing it this way. I will say of all the Marans cockerels and roos I have hatched I have not had any aggression issues towards me.

Difficult year with trying to hatch a replacement rooster. I had a couple prospects but sold those earlier in the year knowing I would have more to select from. Well here we are at the beginning of winter and I am down to the original Roo all by himself. I like to have atleast 2 at all time incase something happens. This is not an easy task. :barnie
I am so sorry!! I know how you feel! It is so very frustrating! I am down to the one BCM rooster I did hatch 2 cockerels but they are both BLCM. They will do in a pinch but not at all what I needed. It sure sets progress way back. I just hope the BC rooster survives our ruff winters.

We have had a mouse problem out in the chicken houses. Plus the chickens scratch feed everywhere. There is so much feed wasted that I decided to invest in new feeders. The feeders are supposed to keep the mice out and the chickens can't flick the feed out. They are in the first stage of training but so far so good!

Attachments

• 20211107_151736.jpg
    20211107_151736.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211107_151727.jpg
    20211107_151727.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 3
We have had a mouse problem out in the chicken houses. Plus the chickens scratch feed everywhere. There is so much feed wasted that I decided to invest in new feeders. The feeders are supposed to keep the mice out and the chickens can't flick the feed out. They are in the first stage of training but so far so good!
This is definitely the worse time of year for mice.

Back
Top Bottom