International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Being that I'm new to breeding and I would like to start selling hatching eggs, I'm always searching chicken related stuff. I happened to come upon this website that deals with Olive Eggers and how to breed, blah, blah. (Chooks Man šŸ™‚)
I thought others could use some of these very useful ideas and tips think the chick and egg tracking printouts are nifty...Plenty of cool stuff here... Link and some screen shots of stuff there.

Hopefully this helps someone looking for ideas.

https://silverhomestead.com/hatching/

Screenshot_20240303-082656.png

Screenshot_20240303-082718.png
Screenshot_20240303-082737.png

Aww, thank you.

To me the most difficult part of taking egg photos is lighting. It can be hard to get the true egg colors to show in photos. I find using natural, indirect light seems to take the best egg photos.

Of course I take several and try to choose the best shots. At least the eggs don't constantly move around like the chickens! šŸ˜‚

I'm going to check out that site you posted later today. Looks interesting!

Aww, thank you.

To me the most difficult part of taking egg photos is lighting. It can be hard to get the true egg colors to show in photos. I find using natural, indirect light seems to take the best egg photos.

Of course I take several and try to choose the best shots. At least the eggs don't constantly move around like the chickens! šŸ˜‚

I'm going to check out that site you posted later today. Looks interesting!
Yes I have a really hard time with egg pics. Marans eggs are so hard to get their true color. The wife is going to stage some photos for me to post an ad on CL and her FB. I'll post the pics when she does... šŸ™‚

Yes I have a really hard time with egg pics. Marans eggs are so hard to get their true color. The wife is going to stage some photos for me to post an ad on CL and her FB. I'll post the pics when she does... šŸ™‚
Try indirect natural light with no flash. Sometimes that works best for me. I just cover the flash on my phone with my finger. Good luck!

Being that I'm new to breeding and I would like to start selling hatching eggs, I'm always searching chicken related stuff. I happened to come upon this website that deals with Olive Eggers and how to breed, blah, blah. (Chooks Man šŸ™‚)
I thought others could use some of these very useful ideas and tips think the chick and egg tracking printouts are nifty...Plenty of cool stuff here... Link and some screen shots of stuff there.

Hopefully this helps someone looking for ideas.

https://silverhomestead.com/hatching/

View attachment 3762209
View attachment 3762208View attachment 3762207
I sometimes go on their website just to admire those olive and sage eggs. I love their work, and aim to recreate their results eventually. My first attempt at olive eggers starts this year.

Back
Top Bottom