International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

This is my favorite girl Lady. She has a leg injury. I doctored her for months and she had a splint on to straighten her leg. She still has at times a glitch in her step but over all she gets around well. Sometimes I can't tell which one is her. I got really attracted to her.
Nice to hear she's doing better. They sure do pull on the heart strings at times... ♥️

I wonder how long that has been sitting on a 2×2 thats at least 4' off the ground!!!!! 🤔 😆 🤣 😹 I am pleading the 5th! I went out to clean the windows and found it. I need all the light I can get out there. I cleaned the windows and then someone 💩 on my window! Couldn't they have done that before I cleaned it? 😂

Attachments

• 20240316_155537.jpg
    20240316_155537.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240316_162248.jpg
    20240316_162248.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 6
I wonder how long that has been sitting on a 2×2 thats at least 4' off the ground!!!!! 🤔 😆 🤣 😹 I am pleading the 5th! I went out to clean the windows and found it. I need all the light I can get out there. I cleaned the windows and then someone 💩 on my window! Couldn't they have done that before I cleaned it? 😂
And it's upright, too. 🤣
I'm so used to seeing them laying on their side in the nestboxes.

I hope this helps. Better Idea of what they look like. The one looked like it had a couple sprigs in the pictures but it doesn't just fighting marks. From when they got in the other pen. I think my problem is I like them all! The orange band is the head cockerel. As that the one challenging me but under control so far.

eye candy as usual!

I don’t know about in America but in the UK you can buy chicken sausages and chicken mince in some super markets. People often use them as healthier alternatives to redder meats. I’m not a huge fan of them though, I’d rather each chicken as it comes from the bird without processing. Maybe some better seasoning than the supermarkets use might make them good.

there are chicken mince and sausages here too. but I don't eat commercial chicken any more. they stink. I sometimes ground my chickens. I cook them in any recipe that requires mince meat.

Thanks. I think the 2 hens I have are beauties. I might have to lock them up soon and see if they will lay in the nest boxes.
I really wanted to keep the rooster with them so I could hatch some purebred Marans pullets, but I don’t think I can keep him much longer in my urban backyard. He’s crowing very loudly starting about 5:30 and doesn’t stop much until afternoon. The neighbors don’t say anything but it can’t be fun for them.

bribe them with eggs and they will love crowing! it worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom