Introducing myself all the way from the U.K.

Hattie the Hen

Songster
11 Years
Dec 6, 2008
Oxfordshire/BuckinghamshireUK
Hello there! I'm a bit nervous about this as our system for forums is a bit different here in Britain so be patient with me. I live in the country not all that far from Oxford. I'm a retired designer for the theatre and for a while I had a restaurant as well. When I was designing I did a lot of work in the USA and loved it. I was lucky to take several wonderful holidays there too. Now I live a very un-stressed life along with my chickens and my cat. I am also a volunteer in an Oxfam charity bookshop; books are another of my passions. I have a couple of chicken houses in which I keep 3 dorkings, 3 miniature White Rocks, 2 Andalusian X White Rocks and finally my mystery pullet who I rescued because I was fascinated by her. I now think she is a cross between a Cornish Game and a Dorking (she has 5 toes like my Dorkings but also has a pea comb and the stance, overall shape and thick legs of the C.ornish/Indian Game. I'm looking forward to taking part in your forum. Eventually I'll post some pictures once I'm organised!

Well hello and
welcome-byc.gif
!!!

I am sure you'll find it quite comfy here. The folks here are some of the most kind people I've interacted with.

I don't really think it will take much ... if any ... adjusting to get used to the forums here.
big_smile.png

Again, welcome and I hope that you enjoy!

Peace,

Don

Hullo, Hattie! We actually have a decent amount of British members and I am sure they will introduce themselves eagerly. I'm not one of them, though 've spent a fair amount of time in England. I have very fond memories of biking around Oxford as a kid. What a wonderful place to live!

Nice to hear from you - and we always love pics of the birds and coops of new members- hint, hint. . . welcome!

Back
Top Bottom