Narrons

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Not exactly, we had chickens when I was young. I just got some new chicks 8 weeks ago I remember how fun they were.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

three

(3) What breeds do you have?

Barred Rocks

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

they are characters and so sweet

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

sewing, art & crafts, camping & traveling

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have been married for 35 years have two beautiful talented smart daughters, and three beautiful grand babies one girl and two boys. A Pomeranian, cat and two rescue grand pups both boys. Jameson age 5 years & Hudson age 8 months old.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC by googling a question and you popped up.

My question: I got three chicks and I soon noticed that their beaks had different markings on one of them. They are now 8 weeks old and I’m praying that they are all hens, however I’m concerned I might have a Roo. 😲 I live in city limits and cannot have one 😔 I’m hoping I’m wrong. Say it ain’t so….🙏 A401FA6C-8BE8-4E97-AEFB-0ED65B4C1D52.jpeg 094C9A07-4CCC-48BB-974C-EBC4D4DAD109.jpeg 501FEE7F-7F4B-46A2-AD92-D5F04D1A9AD6.jpeg 1974A6E2-FB35-430B-8F18-7A2A36E1A59A.jpeg F4570CA3-6674-44B2-BABC-181CE11EC93C.jpeg

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Beautiful birds! They look to be all hens. Barred Rocks will all have different beak colors, some will have black spots or streaks, just the nature of the breed.

Enjoy your birds, if you have any questions about anything along the way, be sure to ask. Welcome aboard!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Not exactly, we had chickens when I was young. I just got some new chicks 8 weeks ago I remember how fun they were.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

three

(3) What breeds do you have?

Barred Rocks

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

they are characters and so sweet

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

sewing, art & crafts, camping & traveling

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have been married for 35 years have two beautiful talented smart daughters, and three beautiful grand babies one girl and two boys. A Pomeranian, cat and two rescue grand pups both boys. Jameson age 5 years & Hudson age 8 months old.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC by googling a question and you popped up.

My question: I got three chicks and I soon noticed that their beaks had different markings on one of them. They are now 8 weeks old and I’m praying that they are all hens, however I’m concerned I might have a Roo. 😲 I live in city limits and cannot have one 😔 I’m hoping I’m wrong. Say it ain’t so….🙏View attachment 3455206View attachment 3455215View attachment 3455218View attachment 3455221View attachment 3455222
Welcome to BYC!! The spots on their beaks is normal, it has nothing to do with their gender. They all look like pullets to me! :)

Back
Top Bottom