introduction

thank you My hubby is able to do most of the construction but since we are already retired we are in a hurry to get everything staged out and built so we can just relax and enjoy a natural healthy lifestyle with just the regular maintenance

My hubby and I are also retired. I can't sit still for long or I'll fall asleep. I got chicken's in the beginning to have something to do to keep me busy, but I have learned so much more about them since then. I have even become a hatch-a-holic. I usually either have chick's in the brooder, or the incubator.

you must experience the same heat we do here in Florida but at least it is dry. I cant find any homesteaders or hobby farmers in my area at all. What chickens do you recommend for heat tolerance and do you sell fertilized eggs?
this is a great way to supplement your income . They go for 25 bucks and up a dozen I feel better about buying from a farmer rather then tractor supply

you must experience the same heat we do here in Florida but at least it is dry. I cant find any homesteaders or hobby farmers in my area at all. What chickens do you recommend for heat tolerance and do you sell fertilized eggs?
I have Amerecuanas(SP) Rhode Island Reds and whites, Buff Orpingtons, EE's, they seem to all be pretty tolerant to temp variations , Though in our winter months that can be brutal I have to put Vaseline on the ones with Big single combs and their waddles to protect them. The other Flock I had the poor bigger single combed Roosters lost their combs enough that they didn't grow back the first flock and winter but they still lived a nice long life just didn't have their pretty combs.

No I do not ship eggs , you have to be NPIP certified to do that , though I have given away some to people with broodies that they didn't have fertilized eggs for in the local area.

this is a great way to supplement your income . They go for 25 bucks and up a dozen I feel better about buying from a farmer rather then tractor supply

I have some Naked Neck's. They are heat tolerant and have less feathering on the bodies that help's to keep them cooler in the heat.

Oh man, how exciting...building a coop from the ground up...make sure to check out the Coop & Run forum for some great ideas. Best advice given for the coop...make it much bigger than you think you're going to need! Very easy to add more and more chickens, not so easy to add more and more coop!
Glad to have you! Look forward to your posts!
:jumpy:welcome:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom