Is it legal to release native wild animals into a wilderness area?

Even if it is legal where you live, it's really better to kill them...for many reasons.

-You've just introduced trap savvy pest/predator animals into someone else's 'backyard'.

-The spread of disease is a very real aspect and why it's illegal in many states to relocate trapped predator animals.

-Releasing an animal into another animals territory could well sign it's death warrant anyway, in case you were thinking of 'saving' the 'poor little creature'. Probably a worse death than a quick shot to the head or even a 'trashcan drowning'.

Since we've displaced their habitat (and more importantly their natural predators habitat) and fed them to overpopulation with our garbage...IMO, it is our duty to become the 'apex predator' and kill them when they become a problem to the extent that we need to trap them.

HERE ,ONLY CERTAIN SPECIES can be released, and coons are to be shot where trapped ,, coons are notorious for carrying and passing diseases like distemper ,parvo ,, and myriad of parasites as are possums ,, possums may not suffer from many diseases but they do carry parasites and both these species are like vaccums on the forest floor eating everything they find ,turkey eggs ,ruffed grouse ,songbirds , Trap and kill these two species as regulated by law and help save some Birds eggs and never Release them .

Last edited:
I am trying to release a mink from a local wildlife rehabilitation center. I live in NC.

I am trying to release a mink from a local wildlife rehabilitation center. I live in NC.
The rehab center should know the rules.......if not, they ought to learn them for sure.

I'm confused, your profile says Utah....then you say NC...did you move?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom