Is my baby pigeon's poop abnormal?

onezijk

Hatching
Jul 8, 2021
Recently took in a week or two old baby pigeon that was rescued from our balcony. She had been abandoned by the mama I assume because she was located in an awkward area where bigger birds were unable to get to and hadnt seen any other pigeons (like her parents) nearby for 3 days. luckily she is 'healthy'. because I was unable to find the baby bird formula in pet stores, we've resorted to mushy wet baby puppy kibble (for literally just born puppies) in syringes for now. The baby pigeons poop colour previously was brown/slight green with white urate but now its excretement is brown/slight green with YELLOW urate. Can this be affected by the kibble or is it pointing to something bad like a kidney problem???

additionally she has NOT thrown up or shown any visible distress/symptoms

Try giving piggie some green peas. The frozen kind or from can. Make sure there is no salt added if canned.
I know you are doing your best :hugs .. I think the poop color may be result of what is in the food. I would not be concerned about that very much.
Post some pix of him, so we can determine age better.
@biophiliac ,,, do you have any feed suggestions to advise here:)

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

Try giving piggie some green peas. The frozen kind or from can. Make sure there is no salt added if canned.
I know you are doing your best :hugs .. I think the poop color may be result of what is in the food. I would not be concerned about that very much.

thank you so much I've been so worried about her because I want her to be okay ;-;

should the peas be mushed too? or just as it is?

I'm going out to buy peas right now so here are some pictures meanwhile

Attachments

• 20210707_135051.jpg
    20210707_135051.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210707_212732.jpg
    20210707_212732.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 28

Agree with you ... only if possible use mushy chicken pellets instead of the mushy dog kibble.

I recommend thawed frozen peas over the canned and feed them whole by opening beak and placing in back of mouth then closing beak for swallowing. About 20 - 30 peas per feed at that size of baby.
Best wishes to baby!

Go to palomacy facebook page to get help. Pigeons are not chickens and whole some things are same for care lots are not! That is a squab and may need pigeon milk, depending on age.

small update.

Unfortunately little baby pigeon passed away after I took them to the avian vet regarding their strange poop. I posted questions about her to several sites and they said that she would be okay but I was still concerned after all.
She unfortunately had a kidney problem and lived those few days the vet called a miracle.
I hope that she was happy for the short period she was with me :')

♡♡

Back
Top Bottom