Is this a purebred aseel and should I breed him?

They vary, in body type, & tail carriage.
I just looked at the Mianwali, and they do in fact vary a LOT. I saw some that have a stockier, shorter build, which their tail feathers almost touching the ground, and kind of a different comb structure. Those didn't look like mine, but I did see some Mianwali that looked identical to mine, the only difference is that they didn't have those small wattles. I also looked at the sindhi aseel, and while the body structure wasn't so close, most of the ones I saw had small wattles, just like mine. So with this evidence, it's a toss-up between those two

So I have this aseel rooster, or at least that's what I got him as. Apparently from this one fault he doesn't seem too bad in my eyes, now granted I've been keeping aseel for only a year, the other years of experience I have are only from other types of chickens. So here goes the fault. He has small wattles, and that is a breed fault, so I'm wondering, is he even a purebred aseel, and should I be breeding him in my upcoming spring project? In this particular photo the tail does not have the correct position I know, but that is not how he normally carries itView attachment 3373748so here he is.Does he look OK to you? He's obviously not perfect because of the wattle thing, and it is a major fault, but is he still considered purebred?
According to my knowledge it's not a pure aseel, it's not worth for breeding

May I ask you what makes you say that?
Well first thing is a pure and good aseel have a certain body shape and there legs have certain amount of bow and they are not standing too much upright and pure aseel have something related with there eye color, feather colors, shanks, shanks colors ,wattles, beak, fingers, spurs and I can't find any of those in your bird

Well first thing is a pure and good aseel have a certain body shape and there legs have certain amount of bow and they are not standing too much upright and pure aseel have something related with there eye color, feather colors, shanks, shanks colors ,wattles, beak, fingers, spurs and I can't find any of those in your bird

What is that something? Because this is a rather broad statement. As for the stance, there are many different aseel types, all with different stances

What is that something? Because this is a rather broad statement. As for the stance, there are many different aseel types, all with different stances
Bro if I start explaining that thing it will take hours to explain it here in messages section if you got some free time someday you can call me and I would love to give you a broader view

Bro if I start explaining that thing it will take hours to explain it here in messages section if you got some free time someday you can call me and I would love to give you a broader view

No thanks. But if you're going to make a claim, I do expect people to be able to back it up. I think it's only fair. Now, is my aseel high quality? No. Is my aseel an aseel at all? Depends on your definition. If you consider Shamo, bengum, Heera, madras aseel different breeds, then no, he is not an aseel. But I do. For me these are only different types of aseel. The only thing you could argue is "off standard" about my bird are the wattles and the higher tail carriage. The wattles can be easily explained by the fact that this bird is half bengum. As for the tail carriage, the father was a shamo mix, and some of our lines have higher than normal tail carriage

Back
Top Bottom