Is this a purebred aseel and should I breed him?

fluffycrow

Chasing broodies
Premium Feather Member
Jan 12, 2023
Attica Greece
So I have this aseel rooster, or at least that's what I got him as. Apparently from this one fault he doesn't seem too bad in my eyes, now granted I've been keeping aseel for only a year, the other years of experience I have are only from other types of chickens. So here goes the fault. He has small wattles, and that is a breed fault, so I'm wondering, is he even a purebred aseel, and should I be breeding him in my upcoming spring project? In this particular photo the tail does not have the correct position I know, but that is not how he normally carries it 20221222_145310.jpg so here he is.Does he look OK to you? He's obviously not perfect because of the wattle thing, and it is a major fault, but is he still considered purebred?

So I have this aseel rooster, or at least that's what I got him as. Apparently from this one fault he doesn't seem too bad in my eyes, now granted I've been keeping aseel for only a year, the other years of experience I have are only from other types of chickens. So here goes the fault. He has small wattles, and that is a breed fault, so I'm wondering, is he even a purebred aseel, and should I be breeding him in my upcoming spring project? In this particular photo the tail does not have the correct position I know, but that is not how he normally carries itView attachment 3373748so here he is.Does he look OK to you? He's obviously not perfect because of the wattle thing, and it is a major fault, but is he still considered purebred?
Looks pure. Some varieties do end up with wattles, but generally they get dubbed.

Some will throw some oddballs here, & there because some aren't exactly an established breed like, those in India as an example.

A good example of variance between the same breed from India, are my Malays.

Here's Goliath.
20221231_101123.jpg
20221231_101135.jpg

His Son.
20221128_111626.jpg
20221128_111606.jpg

Some will throw some oddballs here, & there because some aren't exactly an established breed like, those in India as an example.

A good example of variance between the same breed from India, are my Malays.

Here's Goliath.
View attachment 3374225View attachment 3374227
His Son.View attachment 3374228View attachment 3374230
Beautiful birds! Yes, that's certainly true, there's definitely variation even withing siblings, especially with less established types of aseel. Is there any chance its possible to know what type my rooster is?

Beautiful birds! Yes, that's certainly true, there's definitely variation even withing siblings, especially with less established types of aseel. Is there any chance its possible to know what type my rooster is?
Thank you.

Is there any chance the person you got him from knows? If not, maybe searching, & comparing may be the only possible way to figure that out.

Back
Top Bottom