Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Hey Overo, do you know what exactly causes a heifer calf to be sterile if they have a twin brother? I know it's something to do with the testosterone or something, but I just find it odd it only happens in cows (and maybe horses, I wouldn't know with them). But sheep and goats can have both sexes in a session and nothing is ever wrong with the ewe lambs and doe kids

Hey Overo, do you know what exactly causes a heifer calf to be sterile if they have a twin brother? I know it's something to do with the testosterone or something, but I just find it odd it only happens in cows (and maybe horses, I wouldn't know with them). But sheep and goats can have both sexes in a session and nothing is ever wrong with the ewe lambs and doe kids
I'm not really sure what causes it to be limited to cattle.

Ooo y'all -weather is coming your way! We are getting another few weeks of rain/snow. Then it's all headed east. Winter is not going out quietly.
We are supposed to be mild the next few days. Stay safe Auntie
I lost my girl last night. I've got no idea what happened. I never make them pets, but she was a pet. I'm a wreck and trying to hold it together. Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I think I may take her hide before I bury her. Right now I'm just really upset.
Who did you lose? I'm so sorry Mare :hugs ❤️

Back
Top Bottom