Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Anyone have any first hand experience with Belgian malinois dogs? Good or bad? Thinking about getting a puppy. Female only. Specifically wondering if it would get along with cats being raised with them from puppy hood. Like most dogs I believe it'll be ok as long as I do my part socializing. Thoughts?
I have 2 dogs, that are 5 years old now. We got them off the street when they were about 6 months. One girl, one boy. We are fairly certain they are Belgium Malinois and pitty mix. (Had a neighbor with pure bred mal as well). They get along with cats just fine. My cats that were not originally raised with dogs don't like the dog sniffing and licking habits, but the dogs are pretty good about getting along with the cats.

Occasionally you might need to tell the dogs to not chase the cats if for some reason you dog hasn't be able to get their energy out. If you're getting a Mal, I'm going to assume you know they're working dogs and need to get their mind and body worked pretty regularly.

Here is my convenient picture of my girl dog and my 13 year old cat, taken while I was writing this post.😂
MVIMG_20230820_143904.jpg

Anyone have any first hand experience with Belgian malinois dogs? Good or bad? Thinking about getting a puppy. Female only. Specifically wondering if it would get along with cats being raised with them from puppy hood. Like most dogs I believe it'll be ok as long as I do my part socializing. Thoughts?
Very smart and high maintenance dogs. There is a reason they are police dogs. We had two that used to board when I was working at the kennel. They both knew how to climb chainlink fences and had to have runs with a roof, or they'll be wandering the facility

He's going into 7th grade. Waiting for him doesn't mean we won't ever go down there. We have lots to do on the land before we can live there. We need to get a survey done, some of it needs timbered. Trails need done. We plan on putting a camper there for the time being, so we have a place to stay
My daughter is going into 7th grade also.

Back
Top Bottom