Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Is anyone besides me watching the game tonight?
I've been becoming unwillingly friendly with the innards of the 2 Fossils, and sadly one more of them will need a pro to fix. Beyond my skills

20240108_202257.jpg

However, I have 4/5 working again.

I'll likely be watching a powerpoint lecture...
🤮🤮🤮🤮

And this is their example of a "secure password ".View attachment 3722394
Your IT department has no concept of how to balance security and functionality if they're recommending 50 character set passwords. Yes, long strings are harder to pop than shorter unbroken strings, but adding spaces increases complexity significantly. "My d0g ha5 f|eas" is just as safe as that monstrosity.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 074955.png

Screenshot 2024-01-09 074745.png

As someone who deals with this daily, I can tell you from experience people are way too busy to remember something that long 5 minutes after they set it, and having to type that out every time they need to log in or supply a password will be maddeningly frustrating. Especially if they have a typo in there some place 1 or 2 times.

We force minimum 15 characters with a space, a capital, a number, and a special character (!@#$%^&*()|) Etc.... For Super critical systems (like places where client info and financials are housed) we also use 2 factor auth. So you have to successfully enter a password and then a special code that is randomly generated.

Smarter, not harder.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom