Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Have you ever had a chicken be a total turd about going back into the coop and you start to think, "well maybe I don't need  that particular chicken after all. Maybe we should just let nature run its course"?
Because Moony the chicken came damn near close today
I had an EE that I called Crazy Woman. She was the most hysterical frightened of everything chicken, and would run/fly around screaming like a crazed woman at the slightest anything. More than once she ran off into the woods screaming and wouldn't come out. She would just run deeper into them if you went after her. I worried about her a little the first time, but after that I just hoped something would get her. Nothing ever did and she would show up wanting to get back in eventually. I have had, and have, enough crazy women in my life on a daily basis, so I gave her away.

Have you ever had a chicken be a total turd about going back into the coop and you start to think, "well maybe I don't need  that particular chicken after all. Maybe we should just let nature run its course"?
Some how I just knew that's where this was headed.

I had an EE that I called Crazy Woman. She was the most hysterical frightened of everything chicken, and would run/fly around screaming like a crazed woman at the slightest anything. More than once she ran off into the woods screaming and wouldn't come out. She would just run deeper into them if you went after her. I worried about her a little the first time, but after that I just hoped something would get her. Nothing ever did and she would show up wanting to get back in eventually. I have had, and have, enough crazy women in my life on a daily basis, so I gave her away.
"... after he was killed, his young wife made her escape, only to wander up and down the creek, demented. Because of the loss of her sanity, she was safe from further harm by the Indians. It is said that Jeremiah Johnson cared for her thereafter."
1712452624964.png

I’ve had that thought many times. I have even attempted to let nature do its thing. The little turd survived the night, so I kept him until time to sell all the extra cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom