Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Very cool! How long did it take?
I had to run the body and wings separately. All told about 7.5 hours. It's 10.5" long nose to tail and with the wings fully extended it's about 8" wide. It's fully articulated including the wings. They're 4 pieces hinged in the front and pivot on a ball mount at the shoulder.

Mandatory brown horse content

IMG_20240412_142124449.jpg

What is your sister in the hospital for? My dad is in because of heart problems. Hoping he can come home today🤞♥️
I hope your dad is doing well and can come home today! 🙏🏻❤️

My sister went in 2 days ago with severe diabetic ketoacidosis. Her damn primary had her diagnosed wrong! So she is up in the mountains now getting real help. They are actually moving her from ICU today into a private room. She is looking at a Monday release date with a prescription for insulin, which she'll be on for life. But at least the insulin helped bring her blood sugar down from around 500 to 155 as of an hour ago. She has been on about 10 different diabetes medications for more than a year and none of them have lowered her sugar level. Thankfully, Dartmouth and Franklin have knowledgeable staff. 👍🏻❤️

I know you're crazy distracted with worry, but can't you text her and say "lmk when you get your phone"?
I did. But I have no idea if her reception is wonky or not. I never bothered to try my phone when I was there, and we have the same provider. But she is apparently able to hold a full-on conversation and is doing a lot better than how she was even 24 hours ago. I should send her a picture of what I just did to little man. I thought my brother and SIL would find it during bath-time and find it funny. 😂

(It is extremely difficult to draw on a wiggling, giggling child.) 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20240412_150139.jpg
    IMG_20240412_150139.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 7

My sister went in 2 days ago with severe diabetic ketoacidosis. Her damn primary had her diagnosed wrong! So she is up in the mountains now getting real help. They are actually moving her from ICU today into a private room. She is looking at a Monday release date with a prescription for insulin, which she'll be on for life. But at least the insulin helped bring her blood sugar down from around 500 to 155 as of an hour ago. She has been on about 10 different diabetes medications for more than a year and none of them have lowered her sugar level. Thankfully, Dartmouth and Franklin have knowledgeable staff. 👍🏻❤️
Hope your sister keeps doing better! And my dad is on his way home, Thank God

I'm glad they finally got a handle on it and they're getting her treatment. Diabetes can be tricky but a blood glucose over 500 and probably a high A1c should be a pretty good clue.
Sometimes it can take longer than they predict to get her stable. Sometimes the patient is brittle and that makes it harder.
It's a complicated disease and be sure she and whoever is with her gets through instructions from a specialized nurse.
I have had doctors tell me "Teach her what she needs to know and send her home." NO! She and her family need to sit down and learn all about diet, exercise, equipment, shots and medications.
I can think of worst diseases but few more complicated.

I did. But I have no idea if her reception is wonky or not. I never bothered to try my phone when I was there, and we have the same provider. But she is apparently able to hold a full-on conversation and is doing a lot better than how she was even 24 hours ago. I should send her a picture of what I just did to little man. I thought my brother and SIL would find it during bath-time and find it funny. 😂

(It is extremely difficult to draw on a wiggling, giggling child.) 🤣
The hospital I work at seems to have a force field around cell carriers but has wifi calling they may be able to tap into under guest

The hospital I work at seems to have a force field around cell carriers but has wifi calling they may be able to tap into under guest
I have worked in several where it was impossible to get a signal and you had to go to outside windows to get a signal.
We're convinced it has to do with the lead lined walls in radiology areas.

Back
Top Bottom