ISO red dorkings in New Hampshire or close by

hunterlj

Chirping
Nov 6, 2016
I’ve currently got 7 red dorkings. Looking to get some new blood as mine are all related. Interested in hatching eggs, chicks or adult birds.

I’ve currently got 7 red dorkings. Looking to get some new blood as mine are all related. Interested in hatching eggs, chicks or adult birds.

Old post, but I was searching on BYC for info on Red Dorkings, as I was unfamiliar with them. My interest was due to a hatchery I've used featuring the Red Dorking "exhibition quality" as a new offering for this year. We've purchased their exhibition quality Black Jersey Giants and have been pleased with them (although we only have 2 of them), along with some other breeds. If you are interested, here is the link to the hatchery: http://eaglenestohio.com/. The Red Dorking (and the Black Jersey Giants) are not on their online catalog, but it is in the print catalog I just received a few days ago, so give them a call if you are interested. They are pretty knowledgeable, so they should be able to answer your questions. They ship, and they are tested through NPIP and the Ohio Poultry Assn. First hatch for many of their heritage breeds is 2nd/3rd week Feb, and their hatch/ship day is on Wednesday.

Good Luck.

Old post, but I was searching on BYC for info on Red Dorkings, as I was unfamiliar with them. My interest was due to a hatchery I've used featuring the Red Dorking "exhibition quality" as a new offering for this year. We've purchased their exhibition quality Black Jersey Giants and have been pleased with them (although we only have 2 of them), along with some other breeds. If you are interested, here is the link to the hatchery: http://eaglenestohio.com/. The Red Dorking (and the Black Jersey Giants) are not on their online catalog, but it is in the print catalog I just received a few days ago, so give them a call if you are interested. They are pretty knowledgeable, so they should be able to answer your questions. They ship, and they are tested through NPIP and the Ohio Poultry Assn. First hatch for many of their heritage breeds is 2nd/3rd week Feb, and their hatch/ship day is on Wednesday.

Good Luck.
Thank you! I will have to give them a shout. I actually just lost one of my hens to an owl tonight... I was just a little late to close them up and for some reason one didn’t go back into the coop. The owl hadn’t even started eating her yet either. If only I had been a couple minutes quicker I’d still have 6 dorking hens! Anyways my numbers are hurting pretty bad so I’d really like to get some more!

Thank you! I will have to give them a shout. I actually just lost one of my hens to an owl tonight... I was just a little late to close them up and for some reason one didn’t go back into the coop. The owl hadn’t even started eating her yet either. If only I had been a couple minutes quicker I’d still have 6 dorking hens! Anyways my numbers are hurting pretty bad so I’d really like to get some more!

I’m sorry about your hen!!

Hopefully the new source will work out, and you’ll get a new genetic line in your flock.

I should be picking up some chicks there in the next couple of weeks, although not Dorkings.

Back
Top Bottom