It's not working! Feeding the puppies!

Quote:
I free fed Charlie and wish it was possible with these two, but it's not. I'm trying to keep in mind that they are going to be very large dogs and extra weight would be hard on their developing hips and other bones.
No one in this house is food aggressive...well, maybe DH but that's a whole 'nother story.
The two dogs are as different as night and day, despite their close bloodlines. Jax is laid back, loves everyone and anyone can share his food, toys, crate; even the cats. Kane is fiestier, will share like Jax does, but ignores commands from anyone but me. It's clear to us that Jax takes after his dam and Kane is more like their (shared) sire; body-wise too.

Oh, I know!!! Put Jax's food in front of Kane, and Kane's food in front of Jax....
lau.gif
sorry u gotta deal with that! I know it can be frustrating!

My dog Daisy does that alot..she wont want to eat sometimes.. Shes a diva.. so sometimes i have to hand feed her a few bites to get her going...
roll.png

Or.. i just take up her food and put it in the fridge and she eats at the next meal time. (i feed mine twice a day..)
As for Kane eating Jaxs food. that should work itself out... My dogs all eat out of each others bowls..they share with each other..
love.gif

i think that may be a good thing..because that means that they arent food agressive..
but.. when i see that one has eaten all of his and then goes to eat the others food..i just tell him to "leave it" and he just sits there and pouts until the other dogs are done eating... Ever see a mastiff pout with them big ole' lips?..
lol.png

Last edited:
I don't know if this would help you but.... at my house, both my dogs get fed at the same time in the kitchen/ dining area. Lily is a pig in disguise and will scarf her food down and then rummage through Max's bowl. And Max lets her. He lets her have anything.
What I do is make them both sit. Once they are sitting, I put one bowl on one side of the room and one on the other (small room). I stand in between to make sure Lily doesnt try to rotate to his bowl. Max will start eating once Lily does. It only takes a few minutes so I don't mind being the blocker between them.

I can't get past the 20 minute rule... are you sure you didn't mean 20 seconds becasue thats about what it takes my crew!!

We have three now (was four but the king cavalier died), they sit in our sunroom which is a 12' octagone with a tible, big bird cage and dog food canister.... once they are sitting the bowls go down and they sit (and drool) until they are told OK. We do stand there while they eat because the american cocker will push the border collie and shepherd away from their dishes.... the border collie is the youngest at 1.75 years but it only took him a few tries to get with the program.

Show them who;s boss!

Quote:
Poor you! No, it's the 20 minutes rule here. Then when Kane is finished (takes him about 2 minutes), he tries to get to Jax's, hoovers the floor for any stray pieces, goes to see if the cats have dropped any of theirs and then circles back to the food storage tote just in case I forgot he likes food.

I think your just a bad mommy that isn't feeding that poor starving baby enough. I mean come on, if the poor thing is reduced to eating shoe leather! You need to send him to my house- I'll tell the hubby you are being abusive.

Help me if it is just my sleep ceprived brain here or weren't you having the same problems with your cats recently.

It may just be that all your animals are ganging up to drive you crazy.

Back
Top Bottom