Jackson, GA - Monroe County

So animal control says as long as there is no hoa, I can have chickens. I would feel more comfortable seeing the actual law in print somewhere but the what he said sounds very similar to other counties in more major cities in Georgia that I have read in the GA thread. I did also post on the nextdoor app and the few people who responded said yes and they have chickens.

So animal control says as long as there is no hoa, I can have chickens. I would feel more comfortable seeing the actual law in print somewhere but the what he said sounds very similar to other counties in more major cities in Georgia that I have read in the GA thread. I did also post on the nextdoor app and the few people who responded said yes and they have chickens.
Have you checked with your Town or City Hall? They are generally responsible for all laws in your town and should know all the regulations.

My city is split between 2 counties so I called my county. The other county houses the city part. I'm in a more rural section if that makes sense.
Yes it does! :D I guess it depends on which county governs your town then. Being rural, I can't imagine laws are too strict?

Yes it does! :D I guess it depends on which county governs your town then. Being rural, I can't imagine laws are too strict?
I'm beginning to think my county dropped the ball because the only codes I can find are about dogs. I did see fowl mentioned as a definition but all the restrictions apply to dogs. The other county has codes that say no buildings with fowls within 100 feet of another buidling or residence and that's it for fowl/chicken codes.

Also city code says no fowl within the corporate limit of the city, which I'm not in.

Back
Top Bottom