Japanese Bantam Thread!

She blossomed! :love
And all it took was a spooky squirrel to get her to finally stand up and stop hiding from everything under my sebrights. :lol:

IMG_1657.JPG

I have a flock of 3 pullets, a Polish, a Phoenix, and a Jap. I was taking them all to my county fair this August and as my dad was putting them into the dog carrier, my only little Jap flew out of his hands into the bushes. We were late and after searching in the shrubs for almost an hour, we had to give up,:hit leaving my mom and little sister to hunt for her.
I was quite anxious for her as I was settling all my other birds in at the fair. Finally, my dad comes up to me with a relieved look on his face. "They found her " he says. :wee
A few minutes later, my tiny black bird, all wrapped in a towel, was dumped into my arms and I got her all comfy and settled into fair.
Believe it or not, my tiny Jap won Champion in single comb clean legged Bantam this year, along with my champion Rosecomb hen.
My Jap was quickly renamed Mira, short for Miracle, and was housed with the "show birds" and got special treats, like mealworms.
Nice and happy now. Highly recommend this breed! :love

D0498F60-A1F2-47DC-9827-0BFFF35DD783.jpeg Little Momma, my Btw bantam with her friend. So excited I found this thread. I have a BTW hen, she was sold to me as being 1 year old. I think she is older. Super tiny legs, and very sweet.
I use a product call “Green Goo” on my chooks wattles and combs in cold weather and I’ve had no problems with frostbite.

A vid of young black tailed white and buff
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v244/aqh88/chickens/coop/?action=view&current=SANY1028.flv

All the little black tailed whites and 1 white of my first hatch with some younger standard EE

SANY1039.jpg

BTW hen and the trio I kept:
SANY1302.jpg

SANY1280.jpg

An odd chick that resulted from some of the BTW I culled for obvious reasons.
SANY1609.jpg

Dameru sitting on his first perch in his new coop at 6weeks old
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v244/aqh88/chickens/coop/?action=view&current=SANY0938.flv

Shortly before he died to a dog attack after safely getting all his hens in to the coop:
SANY1589.jpg

SANY1578.jpg

Telling the big roo off his hens:

SANY1581.jpg

The one in front is Kimi a little btb.

Unfortunately Dameru and Kimi's only son has a very bad tail that I'm thinking is genetic. The 2 btw roos I kept were also killed in the same attack without producing any offspring. My jap project has been scrapped until I get new better quality birds, I'm thinking mottled, and the hens along with my excess seramas roos are adding their genetics to the bantam EE flock to make even smaller blue layers.

Last edited:
So glad to find this thread! here is my son with his pair and we have 2 new babies... they are sooo tiny!

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

I was worried b/c their wings have a few white feathers, will they grow out of them? I don't know what sex they are yet, we have more in the bator now. they both have nice short legs and one has quite a bit of yellow which to my understanding from the last show thats a good thing. We just love them!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom