Japanese Bantam Thread!

Thank you I'm really new to mottled! And all so chick 3 has 7 points on its comb should I breed of from him to ??
The only thing I like about # 3 is his coloring and short legs but his back is a bit to long for type and the comb is to small and as you said to many points. He would be one I myself personally wouldn't breed with.

Ok
The only thing I like about # 3 is his coloring and short legs but his back is a bit to long for type and the comb is to small and as you said to many points. He would be one I myself personally wouldn't breed with.
ok good there's a little girl that wants him and I'm going to give it to her maybe for her birthday :) and on the othere side it's waddle is folled over

Ok
ok good there's a little girl that wants him and I'm going to give it to her maybe for her birthday
smile.png
and on the othere side it's waddle is folled over
yes that would be a very nice birthday present for her, and the folded waddle is a very bad trait that passes along but he would definetly make a great pet

U know though. My 2 hens have legs just like hers. My rooster has very short legs. I think what makes the legs look so short is where the wings are longer! Did they give her more points for her standing there cause she should cause I cant get mine to stand still for me..lol

She got full possible points for the actual handling and showing the bird. But we didn't study the knowledge based stuff much and she didn't know the answer to most of the judges questions. We spent three months training her.

yes that would be a very nice birthday present for her, and the folded waddle is a very bad trait that passes along but he would definetly make a great pet
I am not sure what a 'folded waddle' is?

Do you mean the 'wattle' is floppy and bending over?

I had a black rooster who had a very big comb, and when he was growing his wattle was floppy and lopsided. He was a lovely bird in all other ways. However, when he finally matured his comb grew upright and he looked perfect. I did not have to do anything to straighten it up.

He fathered many chicks and none had this problem. I would let both you roosters mature further before you decide, if you are wanting to breed for top quality shape and form.

i love japanese
big_smile.png
i currently have grey japanese (who i think are pretty nice) and black tailed white japanese (long legged, so not sq). I have a few photos on photobucket ill put up, not the best pics, but you get the idea!

this is my breeding trio
chicken030.jpg

chicken032.jpg

chicks from my breeding trio:
Cockerals
chickensdec09020.jpg

chickensdec09024.jpg

pullet
026-1.jpg

How pretty! I wish I had room for one of these in my flock, LOL

Back
Top Bottom