Japanese Bantam Thread!

@Sagetown they are beautiful!!

Does anyone know if a steak of black/brown down the back of the neck is any indication of anything? Male/female maybe?? 2 of my 5 hatched have it, the other 3 do not.
Sorry I'm new to the breed, just fell in love with these adorable critters!!

@Sagetown they are beautiful!!

Does anyone know if a steak of black/brown down the back of the neck is any indication of anything? Male/female maybe?? 2 of my 5 hatched have it, the other 3 do not.
Sorry I'm new to the breed, just fell in love with these adorable critters!!

I wish I had an answer for you but I am also new to the breed. Looking to get more next spring :). Please post pics of your babies when u get a chance?

Will try to get some of the ones with the stripe on their necks soon, but here are a few pics I have taken.

I am hoping that one of you Japanese Bantam experts can help me. One of the other BYC members commented that she thinks this chick (which is a mixed chick from the feed store) might be a Japanese Bantam mix. Do you agree? Do you have any opinions as to what she could be mixed with? In the group picture, she is the one on the far left. Thanks for any help/information!

Hi I am very new to this breed, I got this little guy in a trade well DH did, I wasn't even there, he just came home with them 2 Sundays ago. Any way the 2 that were with him was a EE bantam and Gold Seabright cross?? We think. any way those 2 were loud and mean, This guy just stayed away from them and all their drama.. lol He buddied up with a Birchin Cochin bantam that I talked a guy out of just cause I thought she was just the cutest little thing I ever did see, I paid a dollar for her.. lol

Just wanted to say hi, I am reading up on this breed cause I really would like to breed he. So far I have found out about the short leg thing and if I understand it right I have a long legged Roo now and if I get a couple short legged hens, I could end up with a 50/50 mix of short legged and long legged but not the gene that kills?? is that right?

Well on to read some more just needed to take a break.

Back
Top Bottom