Japanese Bantam Thread!

This is his VERY spoiled Roo Alibaba
love.gif

Something happened with my new chicks that may help someone else. When the chicks were three days old I noticed one staying off to the side, eyes partially closed and not moving much. The other seven chicks were running around eating and drinking. I've seen this before. After dipping the sick chick's beak in water several times the chick started to drink on its own; for a long time-then eating a bit and returning to the water dish again and again. It wasn't long before I could not tell which chick had been ill. It pays to make sure that chicks have learned to drink. All eight chicks are doing well; mom and chicks are now back with the flock and off the dining room table.

I have a question Igot s seramas a when I got I realized the roos tale was leaning overwry tail was first thought Icalled her up and asked if any of her o had she said she has no other it she has all the moms and the roo and about 20 others she checked all are fine but whenIpicked them p she did have them in a small and Ido remember him kinda crouched to walj around...I wanted to breed them but not to could the box damage his tale and if I breed will Ihave issues with babys...i no if its wry tailIwill but none of the others have it if its from the box will it heal

I have a question Igot s seramas a when I got I realized the roos tale was leaning overwry tail was first thought Icalled her up and asked if any of her o had she said she has no other it she has all the moms and the roo and about 20 others she checked all are fine but whenIpicked them p she did have them in a small and Ido remember him kinda crouched to walj around...I wanted to breed them but not to could the box damage his tale and if I breed will Ihave issues with babys...i no if its wry tailIwill but none of the others have it if its from the box will it heal

If you can post a picture of your rooster.

here he is

Quote:

No, I do not think this is from the box. A genetic defect, wry tail, which would be passed on to offspring. From what I read it is a recessive trait that means both parents have to have the gene for wry tail for it to show up. Should you pair this rooster with a normal hen that does not have the wry tail gene as a hidden trait the chicks will look normal. However, every chick will carry the wry tail gene as a hidden trait that could be passed on to their offspring should two birds, that are paired together, have that trait.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom